Author Topic: The George and the Owner  (Read 4274 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: The George and the Owner
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
Quite simple, you have to follow the rules. Just like turning a free car park into a pay car park. Always best to check and double check before hand.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »
Do the gate figures declared include the kids, even if they get in for free?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »
Any Kids from Weymouth and Slough get in FREE?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
On a shared gate basis, any Club is entitled to their % of gate receipts. I wonder if the opposing Club have to agree to the amount of 'freebies' offered to such things as Club officials  press  etc ?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
Any Kids from Weymouth and Slough get in FREE?

This is being spoken about on talk sport currently, as much as the club may have not been aware of this. It’s disgraceful behaviour by Slough and Weymouth

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2018, 01:23:29 PM »
@StephenCleeve
"Just had it confirmed to me by the Southern League that it was @theterras and @sloughtownfc that made the complaints about kids getting in free. Slough only let under 4 year olds in free, Weymouth make all pay. Good to know which clubs have the fans at heart"

Whereas we have some of the highest concessionary prices in the league. Not complaining, but each club has its own ways of generating gate income and when there is a shared gate they have to agree on pricing
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »
...…...each club has its own ways of generating gate income and when there is a shared gate they have to agree on pricing

Always been the case as long as I can remember.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 02:14:46 PM »
...…...each club has its own ways of generating gate income and when there is a shared gate they have to agree on pricing

Always been the case as long as I can remember.

So then why did it come as a surprise? :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2018, 03:30:58 PM »
Let’s remember the away club only get thier share of the gate money after expenses.  The home club gets all the benefits from drink, food, programme sales, advertising, sponsorship and corporate. A few quid on a percentage for kids admission shouldn’t amount to much compared to the extra benefits gained.

Mistakes can be costly. Maybe Stephen should be looking to lay the blame at the Club Secretary’s door. After all it’s his job to knows the do’s and dont’s.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »
Let’s remember the away club only get thier share of the gate money after expenses.  The home club gets all the benefits from drink, food, programme sales, advertising, sponsorship and corporate. A few quid on a percentage for kids admission shouldn’t amount to much compared to the extra benefits gained.

Mistakes can be costly. Maybe Stephen should be looking to lay the blame at the Club Secretary’s door. After all it’s his job to knows the do’s and dont’s.

Do they nly get their share of the declared figure? :dontknow: :bankrupt:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
Both Slough & Weymouth knew we let kids in for free as had been advertised as that all season, so why where they surprised?

Yes, we as a club should have contacted them but if I was me and I hadn't heard I have contacted the other club involved just to check? If none of the clubs have spoken to each other to agree the prices before hand surely they all must take some of the blame?

Also wonder why it's taken this long to come out? Did Weymouth & Slough appeal to the league on the day of the matches, if not why?

Don't think anyone comes out of this well - us, Weymouth, Slough or the league.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »
Paul, at a guess I would assume both clubs weren’t happy and lodged complaints when their payments arrived. A valid question of do “free” tickets count towards the attendance maybe?

If we had overcharged for kids on the day or offered a different deal for away fans then I could understand. I am also assuming both Slough and Weymouth would have advertised our admission prices to their supporters before the play off games given the high levels of interest there would have been, so yes they would have known about this in advance.

When the boot’s been on the other foot in recent years (Deeping Rangers and AFC Wimbledon away spring to mind), neither the respective leagues nor FA were interested.

It feels like greed from both clubs and the Southern League.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »
KLFM have donated £250 and appears other businesses are offering to support paying the fine.

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2018, 01:47:57 AM »
Correct me if I’m wrong.... BUT I was under the assumption that the entry fees for playoff games had to be agreed by both clubs involved??

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2018, 06:46:40 AM »
Correct me if I’m wrong.... BUT I was under the assumption that the entry fees for playoff games had to be agreed by both clubs involved??

Begs the questions - Were the entry fee/s agreed? Did these teams have any communication from KLTFC appraising them of the price structure for these Play Off matches? If not then THEY should have asked as their part of the responsibility to "agree the entry fees". By not questioning the fees structure promulgated (made known to the public) they are, by implication, in agreement.

If so Weymouth and Slough should not be allowed to complain if they did not pick up on the anomaly that "Kids Go Free".
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.