Author Topic: Biggleswade at home  (Read 4191 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Biggleswade at home
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
is there any mention of the situation with Jones in todays Lynn News ?  If not then we can assume Plummer as head of the Clubs Media Dept  does'nt know either.

Nice little bit of mystery to wet the taste buds of the new season

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
 He was a pro, drafted to Philadelphia Union in the mls in jan 2017. Signed pro contract feb 2017. loaned out to bethlehem steel apr 2017. His contract option was not taken up in nov 2017.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »
He was a pro, drafted to Philadelphia Union in the mls in jan 2017. Signed pro contract feb 2017. loaned out to bethlehem steel apr 2017. His contract option was not taken up in nov 2017.
Think he's been playing in Europe since then.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 03:33:06 PM »
Surely it canít be against the FA rules to use a player in a friendly without international clearance.  I am sure our Secretary wouldnít have allowed it to happen, if the club was breaking any rules.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »
Doubt we're the only club to field a "trialist" whilst awaiting international clearance - if, indeed, that is what we're waiting for!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 05:01:19 PM »
Thought I saw that he signed for Harlow in March

Nemesis

• View Profile
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
Well that was embarrassing. 4 shots 4 goals. Canít quite believe the Street error, thought Biggleswade were superb first 30 and then very average. Lynn were poor in midfield today really lacked control of the game, particularly Hawkins.

A game of missed chances Richards missing a sitter in the first 10 and Hilliard in the second half would of changed the game. McCauley looks like a real player.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »
Agree with that summarisation we were average the first  , really good just into second half then average again . The howler by Street had to be seen to be believed

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »
Thought we looked naive never mind average.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
Whenever the ball was passed backwards it seemed that the defence was slow and unsure what to do - if in doubt, kick it out!

Pedro had some real howlers today and should not have balls kicked back to him - he should just boot it out and not try any fancy stuff. Fraser Blake-Tracy had a terrible day today when hardly anything he touched came to fruition - poor passes and caught on the ball to often. He has no right foot and Biggleswade knew it.

We missed some sitters and sometimes players were afraid to pull the trigger and passed the ball to someone else.

We did not have any control of the midfield - Ryan Jarvis played his socks off covering everywhere and deserved MoM.

I think Aaron Jones and Michael Clunan play well together but only had about 5mins today.

Biggleswade pressed us tight and didn't give our midfield any room in which to play a controlled passing game.

Lynn are not yet a well drilled and comfortable team but now we know who we have Simon Clark and Sam G and Lee Beevers need to get them playing together.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 07:15:01 PM »
Agree with a lot of what you say West.  Add a few things like the quality of crosses. Very poor today. Both full back, for different reasons were poor today. Seemed to me that we didnít appear to have any natural leaders out there today.

One concern. I have heard Harry Linb has been described as our Stella signing of the season.  Not only did Hiliard start ahead of him, but when he was taken off Hawkins was pushed forward to partner Gash up top, with Parker coming on to fill Hawkins midfield role.  Is Limb not the player that Clark thought he was ? Losing at home, opening day of the season. Really surprised he wasnít thrown on at that stage.

Decent opening day gate, but many would have left disappointed with the fayre on offer.  Clark asked for the fans to give his side a chance. They played thier part.

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 04:46:03 AM »
Feel a bit sorry for Clarke who looked genuinely shocked after the game.In contrast to previous comments I thought Mcauley was poor with him and Fryatt badly at fault for at least two of the goals.Just did not seem in tandem in defence or attack.A vast improvement is needed if we hope to finish in top five.With today's defending we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 08:40:00 AM »
It doesn't help when you have to play in front of Street.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
I would bet money on Jones replacing Thomas at right back come Tuesday night.  Really shocked that after all the pre-season build up that the lad Limb was given that he didnít get a look in yesterday. Not gonna be a 20 goal a season player sat there.

Once we went behind I didnít think Clark didnít anything to try and affect the game. Just straight swaps, never through another one up top.