Author Topic: Clunan retains Captaincy.  (Read 682 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Clunan retains Captaincy.
« on: August 09, 2018, 12:53:03 PM »
Midfielder Clunan delighted to retain Linnets captaincy.

Michael Clunan says he is pleased to have retained the King's Lynn Town captaincy as he prepares to lead the club into a new season.

Despite a number of new faces arriving at the Walks over the summer, midfielder Clunan continues as skipper having done a fine job at the helm last season.

Clunan said: "The manager told me before the start of pre-season that he wanted me to be skipper again. I was more than happy to do it. I really enjoyed last year and I'm hoping for another successful season. It's a great honour to be skipper. It's nice to know that the Gaffer respects and trusts me enough to give me the role."

The midfield playmaker has become a firm fans' favourite since his arrival from Dereham Town in the summer of 2015.

On his captain, Linnets boss Simon Clark said: "Michael is a very good leader for the group. He is a good talker. He pulls people around and is very good at working to a game plan."

KL Town Media team.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Clunan retains Captaincy.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
As Captain Michael Clunan now needs to learn when and when not to open his mouth. Too many un-necessary  :yellow card: :yellow card: last season and they all add up to possible suspensions.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 04:35:49 PM »
He will be able to organise to his full backs forward to collect those overhit Crosses West.  :comeon:

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »
Well done Mr Clunan and justly deserved. If he was not injured for them last few games our season would most probably have ended differently. Naysayers need to check yourselfs.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:03 PM »
I think they greatly missed him the last few games.
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:53 PM »
I think they greatly missed him the last few games.

Especially against Slough.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.