Author Topic: Onward and upwards.  (Read 2452 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Onward and upwards.
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:22:31 PM »
So now we have that all important first win under our belts we have the bank holiday weekend to look forward to. Two big games within three days against local rivals,first up we entertain St Neots will we top the 1000 mark for that game? Bank holiday travels to Lowestoft and I think we will travel with more than the hardy 35 souls who saw todays game? Apart from the obvious desire to gain the points I think pride and bragging rights are at stake as well? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paulos

• View Profile
Re: Onward and upwards.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 01:02:21 AM »
Is funny the difference 3 points can make isnt it!?

Has there been any indication from boss as to why Limbs not getting any playing time, is he carrying a knock or something? Sure he was unveilled as our big signing pre-season yet they don't seem to want to play him or even bring him on as sub. Coming from Burnley he must be getting paid a decent wage down here still yet not playing.

Roll on bank holiday weekend indeed!

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »
Is funny the difference 3 points can make isnt it!?

Has there been any indication from boss as to why Limbs not getting any playing time, is he carrying a knock or something? Sure he was unveilled as our big signing pre-season yet they don't seem to want to play him or even bring him on as sub. Coming from Burnley he must be getting paid a decent wage down here still yet not playing.

Roll on bank holiday weekend indeed!

Hilliard....3 starts....0 goals....(two open goals missed!)...Surely Harry Limb gets his chance next game?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 08:16:15 AM »
I very much doubt it ,we missed 4 easy chances at Tamworth one from only 2 yards out we have got to convert these chances Toby needs to think before pulling the trigger he would then be twice the player he is now

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »
The manager obviously has faith in the players that he is selecting and is giving them every chance to repay that faith. He clearly rates Hilliard who is undoubtedly very capable but as Hill observes, doesn't always use his head. I wonder if Hilliard is a better player from the bench?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 09:21:45 AM »
Maybe start Limb on Saturday and give Hilliard a rest? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
I don’t see Limb in the main striker role. More he can play along side the likes of Gash/Hilliard or slightly withdrawn as a No 10.   What do you think Stan ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
I am still on holiday Mallard and haven't seen Limb play at all. I would give him a start at least.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
Well having seen his finishing on YouTube Limb can certainly finish with either foot.When you look at the two absolutely horrendous misses by Toby you have to question his inclusion.Despite his pace and work rate which should be a given the lad is not a natural goal scorer.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:15 AM »
Toby gives the side more presence up top, I am not sure Limb would give the side that.  Hilliard is no natural finisher.  The again could the same be levelled at Gash, based on last seasons goals per game record.

Starting to think Jack Defty has put a jinx on that no 9 shirt.... Maybe the Club should retire it.  :laughcry:

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »
Toby Hilliard has a great engine, he can run all day. But he is not the 20 goals a season striker that we need.
 We clearly need a top man to feed of Gash. This is not easy to achieve. Jack Defty is still scoring goals at nearly 37 years old ! He helped Heacham score 7 at Great Yarmouth in the Anglian Comb on Saturday !

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 09:42:30 AM »
Perhaps Jack could be taken on in a coaching role? :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »
where's the striker we signed from Thetford.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
There are  few issues that seem a little clouded in mystery.

1. The last from Thetford  why is he not being included in any of the Squads
2. Eoin McQuaid...where has he disappeared to...again not featured in First or Reserve team squads
3. Luke Pearson ...Playing at Norwich Utd when was this announced....is he out on loan, if so for how long, or has he left the Club. 
4. Who is the back up to Street or indeed the one to put the pressure on him for his shirt
5. The lad Nelson who was on trial all pre-season..Gone I can only assume, where to.  Did Simon just not fancy him after playing him all in all the games.
6. Why is Harry Limb not getting anywhere near a first team start.  Simon Built him up as the stellar summer signings, what has changed
7. How long is Gashy out for ?
8. Is Simon looking to add to the squad or is happy to stick with what he has got.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 11:31:03 AM »
There are  few issues that seem a little clouded in mystery.

1. The last from Thetford  why is he not being included in any of the Squads
2. Eoin McQuaid...where has he disappeared to...again not featured in First or Reserve team squads
3. Luke Pearson ...Playing at Norwich Utd when was this announced....is he out on loan, if so for how long, or has he left the Club. 
4. Who is the back up to Street or indeed the one to put the pressure on him for his shirt
5. The lad Nelson who was on trial all pre-season..Gone I can only assume, where to.  Did Simon just not fancy him after playing him all in all the games.
6. Why is Harry Limb not getting anywhere near a first team start.  Simon Built him up as the stellar summer signings, what has changed
7. How long is Gashy out for ?
8. Is Simon looking to add to the squad or is happy to stick with what he has got.

From what I've been told at games:
1. Still awaiting international clearance. But was warming up before the Tamworth game.
2. Travelled with first team on Saturday and again was warming up before the Tamworth game.
3. Loan I believe.
4. Pearson??
5. Back at Leicester Nirvana.
6. Pass
7. Couple of weeks.
8. Pass.