Author Topic: FA cup.  (Read 5611 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: FA cup.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »
Maybe just the game we need. Strikers find the net and gain confidence.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 05:59:34 PM »
Maybe just the game we need. Strikers find the net and gain confidence.

Problem is that you need something to give confidence,Dumbo had his magic feather,we don't seem to have anyone who can instill that confidence in the players,being booed off wouldn't do much to help,alhough I can understand it? For me I feel that the current management have got the weaponry in their arsenal to raise their heads,Saturday could be a defining day for, the team,the players ,the management and the fans? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 09:21:10 AM »
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 01:51:57 PM »
Assume this has been agreed with Histon?  No matter the price I can't see there being much of a crowd on Saturday but the club could do with a win for lots of reasons, unfortunately(?) I haven't been able to get to a home game yet this season but all the reports I have heard have been pretty negative so hoping that things can start to turn at the weekend.  Classic case of the result being more important than the performance.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
https://scontent.fltn1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40662275_2169816210009652_8818313499370323968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=fbeac23d6023cd5c3ca145b64ab0c409&oe=5BF94DAD

Chairman has answered in the best way he can to attract fans back for the cup game? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I must complain.
Adult price down £2, concession only down £1. :oldman"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 01:02:56 AM »
Wisbech made it through to the next round,5-4 on penalties. :oldman"

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 05:48:21 PM »
Well I commented on my ticket numbers last week this week beats that on Wednesday ticket numbers 8&9 doesn't look good for a large crowd !!!!!!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
Almost everything on this post is negative, team selection, manager, admission prices, crowd etc. Well its time for some positive spin and I am saying that at least 600 will turn up and Lynn will win by 3. Which I'm sure will upset you doom merchants who seem to hope that we get well beat and nobody will turn up! Shame on you.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 08:40:30 PM »
Almost everything on this post is negative, team selection, manager, admission prices, crowd etc. Well its time for some positive spin and I am saying that at least 600 will turn up and Lynn will win by 3. Which I'm sure will upset you doom merchants who seem to hope that we get well beat and nobody will turn up! Shame on you.

I don't think it is so much that people are hoping for a low attendance and that we lose, but sadly the start to the season has given people that expectation,and having watched them play I can understand it? And only 9 online tickets by Wednesday at a reduced price speaks volumes? I would love to see a big crowd,bar packed and to win convincingly,can you see it happening? :dontknow:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 12:09:37 AM »
Well said Mac and you are right they just a bunch of moaners never happy unless they
Are pulling the club down

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 12:38:46 AM »
Well said Mac and you are right they just a bunch of moaners never happy unless they
Are pulling the club down

If people were happy then that would mean the club was being run properly,not being overcharged for entry or refreshments and the team were performing on the pitch,and you know as well as I do that none of those things are happening!  As per usual everyone has managed to overlook the post where I said the chairman had made a positive step and homed in on the negative comments instead! You yourself have voiced your displeasure at the start we are having to the season ma hill! :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 07:39:30 AM »
The Chairman has cut the admission from an over priced 13 to an overpriced 11 quid.  This is a game v a step 5 side.  As a matter of interest what would the admission fee had been if this match had been at Histon ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
The Chairman has cut the admission from an over priced 13 to an overpriced 11 quid.  This is a game v a step 5 side.  As a matter of interest what would the admission fee had been if this match had been at Histon ?

http://www.histonfc.co.uk/admission-prices/

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »
I see Histons admission price of only £8 is really pulling in extra fans through the turnstile, they had a massive 182 the other day
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
Spot Blue, all credit to them. Not sure what the population of Histon is but 180 plus donít seem to bad.