Author Topic: FA cup.  (Read 4964 times)

Blue Moon

• View Profile
Re: FA cup.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
The point I was trying to make Mallard was that a low admission price doesn't pull a massive number of extra punters through the door, unless it's getting extra hundreds in business wise it's a recipie for disaster
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »
Doesn't the fa set fa cup charges?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 10:38:38 AM »
No, just a minimum charge.
The admission price has to be agreed between the clubs.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Spot Blue, all credit to them. Not sure what the population of Histon is but 180 plus don’t seem to bad.
Histon draw from Cambridge too not just the village itself.
This goes to show, and the attendance for Lynn on Saturday may confirm this that attendances are not as sensitive to ticket prices as some may think. I think that's known as price inelasticity of demand.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
The price is right for step 5 what was the entry fee when we were at step 5

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »
If standard of football is high and the team are doing well then attendances will follow. Ticket prices affect attendance but not significantly it would appear.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »
When a team is playing decent football and winning games then price is less of an issue. When you are on a poor run of results and the football is less than attractive then people don’t need to much of an excuse not to turn up and price is one of those factors.  I guess the Chairman is more clever enough to spot this hence the reduction. I would suggest if we were on an unbeaten run then the cost would be at £13.  Did the price of the Cup game v Mildenhall get reduced last season ? ( I have no idea)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »
When a team is playing decent football and winning games then price is less of an issue. When you are on a poor run of results and the football is less than attractive then people don’t need to much of an excuse not to turn up and price is one of those factors.  I guess the Chairman is more clever enough to spot this hence the reduction. I would suggest if we were on an unbeaten run then the cost would be at £13.  Did the price of the Cup game v Mildenhall get reduced last season ? ( I have no idea)

I don't think it did,would be interesting to compare gate figures though,what worries me is that their top scorer has scored more goals than our entire team so far this season? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 10:56:39 PM »
Well that wouldn’t be hard

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2018, 06:21:19 AM »
Is the game on? not seen much on social media apart from the price? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2018, 04:43:24 PM »
People who aren’t confident of a good performance or result are not “doom-mongers”.  Their pessimism doesn’t mean they want failure, they simply don’t expect success at present, for good reason.
Often in Cup-ties it is a lesser side “working and scrapping” to over come the better team.  The “better team”, in my opinion are always the team who have the most number of players who are skilful and quick over short distances.  At the moment We don’t have any playersof that nature, so I fear that if Histon do, then it will be US scrapping to subdue THEM......  I hope I’m wrong but I think it will be a difficult game because of the make up of our current team.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
If Lynn don’t beat Histon with then Clark should hang his head in shame and walk out the door at the final whistle.

Beating Histon, I fear won't answer too many questions.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »
Did culverhouse walk when we lost to Mildenhall

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2018, 06:12:16 PM »
Was he 4th bottom after 6 games?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2018, 10:07:14 AM »
Feel Histon will win. 4 wins out of 4 in league, progress in cups, breathing confidence. They'll be on the front foot and if Lynn go behind I can see it being a long afternoon.