Author Topic: FA cup.  (Read 5614 times)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Re: FA cup.
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
I hope the attendance is respectable. Poor perfomances =disgruntled supporters = low attendances = less revenue for club = less money for decent players  = even worse performances etc., etc. A spiral of negativity ensues. Supporters have the power to make or break the club; let's  hope it's the former and the situation is not made worse with supporters cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
...................if Lynn go behind I can see it being a long afternoon.

The proverbial banana skin cup tie. I have a feeling it will all be about which team gets the first goal.   :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
I hope the attendance is respectable. Poor perfomances =disgruntled supporters = low attendances = less revenue for club = less money for decent players  = even worse performances etc., etc. A spiral of negativity ensues. Supporters have the power to make or break the club; let's  hope it's the former and the situation is not made worse with supporters cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Or having their noses cut off, we no longer have family days at the football, for 2 reasons;

1: I have been banned and my family won't go if I don't!

2: Prices have increased too much, what used to be a reasonable prices afternoon is now expensive!

This has resulted in the loss of 10 paying adults and 7 children!  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 02:02:21 PM »

Appreciate the sentiment Stan but for a club that has a history of just eight years (ignoring what the current badge says) we have always had crowds well above the standard the club has played at so everything has to be taken in context, personally 491 against a step 5 team in the first round of the cup might be seen by most outsiders as 'respectable'.  The biggest problem seems to be that SC is believing his own publicity and thinks Lynn are a bigger club than they are (at present) and has 'invested' accordingly and I think we are starting to see what happens when the 'speculate to accumulate' model doesn't pay off - lots of short term decisions and acrimony.  I don't think its a case of cutting off noses as much as people being feeling disconnected to the club and finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon - IC and his brand of football brought many people back to the Walks but without that being maintained this year crowds have predictably dropped.  I think the only real surprise is how far both performances (and crowds) have fallen in such a short space of time and that is with the bulk of last years squad, I guess time will tell how much of that was IC and how much was Clark's doing.