Author Topic: Saturday.  (Read 4100 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Saturday.
« on: August 31, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »
Is there a game on Saturday?  Not a mention of it anywhere, would be nice to hear something, so if you are going Saturday post a prediction, come on, both of you?  :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linnet01

• View Profile
Re: Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »
I fear for the crowd my lad ordered tickets on line number 70 !! There also appears to be a total lack of interest in the football this season only seen one game so far and that was dire .getting to the point of do we go or do we not £13 an awful lot of money not to be entertained

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »
I'll be there!!

Went to Biggleswade and Kettering.

Missed Tamworth because of distance and St. Neots and Lowestoft because of work.

Hoping to see a good battling display at least from Lynn.......as long as they give their all, you cannot ask for more than that.

Lynn to win 2-1
Crowd of 502

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 11:11:48 AM »
Lynn lose 2-1, crowd of 575 only because of the decent weather, had it been :rain: 400 :dontknow: I for one wont make it as comments above, total lack of interest definitely at £13.......

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
I will be there, think the boys will come out fighting but we need a goal first 20minutes or things will get very very nervy. Iím going 1-1 with a fair few changes in midfield and upfront

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
I have 3 predictions:
1. Lynn will scrape a win with a fit Michael Gash making all the difference.
2. Crowd around 500. Unfortunately Lynn have a lot of floating supporters who will only come when things are going well. Unless the regular fan base can be increased then Lynn will never sustain football much above step 3. When Lynn are doing well these floaters are able to find the entrance fee but when results are not so good then their hand will stay firmly in their pockets. That's the trouble when you see a football club as primarily a business and supporters see themselves as customers.
3. No matter what the outcome tomorrow some will be on this forum with the usual negative spin.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
Not from me Stan.  Having to miss this one. Prior engagement. However for the first I really donít feel that bothered about missing a game at The Walks. Feel like the opening weeks have knocked the stuffing out of me.  For the life  I never thought I would see this Lynn Team one place above the relegation zone. Not much else to say

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 04:32:11 PM »
Well Mallard, I'm really looking forward to it. I  have every confidence that things will be turned around. When you say " this team" I feel you should give it a chance. Your expectations for a side with so many new players in it seems a bit unrealistic to me. Lynn haven't played that well yet with a bit of luck they could easily have had  another 6 points. One poster talked about fine margins between winning and losing and he was right.
I hope you haven't bought in to the chairman's hubristic fantasy and are now disappointed because it looks a tall order for this season?

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »
Regards cost
More people need to think positively
Last week I took my son, daughter and her friend (both never been before) for £13.00
That's good value!

Lynn have had a tough start, a couple of tough fixtures in there.
Desperately need a home win for confidence.

Clarke suggested that some players not on board with his ideas. Those players need to knuckle down for us. Make sure they give 100%

Don't panic! Get behind the team. see where we are come end of month. Then we will have an idea.

(didn't Hereford lose a couple early last season?)

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »
That's well put LUFC.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »
I for sure will be there on Saturday - bought a Season Ticket so not wasting it.

Off on Hols next week so will mis Histon (FA Cup) and Halesowen (Away) and following week is a Free Sat for FA Cup again so my next game is Home to Banbury on 28th Sep. Yippee, couldn't have planned it better if I had Fixture List last year when I planned our Hols.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »
I'm confused. How can it be that we have got off to such a poor start to the season. Our possible best results last season, Hereford home and away and the semi final v Weymouth, we are still able to field EIGHT of those players in the current season. Surely those players can do better than they are? Granted we have lost two of our better players, the two Camerons. But come on lads, have the confidence to raise your game. You're letting the chairman, the manager, the fans and yourselves down.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »
Have you seen any of the games Mick?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »

I have, they were crap at Kettering!  :sad:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »

Home only. Just a few tweaks needed with the formation but the confidence seems shot already.