Author Topic: Saturday.  (Read 4102 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »
Have you seen any of the games Mick?

Home only. Just a few tweaks needed with the formation but the confidence seems shot already.

Going on many comments and reports Mick, the management team seem to have run out of ideas already?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
Here's how it should go in the pre match talk.

Simon Clark  "Remember how Culverhouse had you playing last season lads?"
Squad  "Yes boss"
Simon Clark  "Then get out there and kick ass"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
Here's how it should go in the pre match talk.

Simon Clark  "Remember how Culverhouse had you playing last season lads?"
Squad  "Yes boss"
Simon Clark  "Then get out there and kick ass"

:cheers:  :scarf:  :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »
A critical part of that "success" last season was someone who now plies his trade for Oxford United. The creativity that came down the right was League One standard. Players of that standard are few and far between.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »

Home only. Just a few tweaks needed with the formation but the confidence seems shot already.

Going on many comments and reports Mick, the management team seem to have run out of ideas already?  :dontknow:
Many comments by Grissles and Mallard. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 01:28:02 PM »

Many comments by Grissles and Mallard. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

How on earth could I comment on games I am banned from Stan, get with the programme Stan!  :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
A critical part of that "success" last season was someone who now plies his trade for Oxford United. The creativity that came down the right was League One standard. Players of that standard are few and far between.

And of course, a Managers ability to attract that quality of player appear to be even more so.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »

And of course, a Managers ability to attract that quality of player appear to be even more so.
Very true B & Gold and not looking after Culverhouse is obviously a massive error on the club's part but we all need to move on.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 02:01:12 PM »

Very true B & Gold and not looking after Culverhouse is obviously a massive error on the club's part but we all need to move on.

Its not a case of needing to move on, just an opinion and an observation of the part people play (or indeed should be playing).

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »

Its not a case of needing to move on, just an opinion and an observation of the part people play (or indeed should be playing).
Well my opinion is that we were incredibly fortunate to have a coach as talented as Culverhouse at the helm. It will be many a season before we see a team as good as last season's. Yes, the club made a massive error in not looking after Culverhouse, if that is indeed the case, but there is little point comparing any of the club's managers, past or present,to someone with Culverhouse's credentials. Some are still sulking about the departure of Culverhouse, which is not helping the club at this time.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »

Well my opinion is that we were incredibly fortunate to have a coach as talented as Culverhouse at the helm. It will be many a season before we see a team as good as last season's. Yes, the club made a massive error in not looking after Culverhouse, if that is indeed the case, but there is little point comparing any of the club's managers, past or present,to someone with Culverhouse's credentials. Some are still sulking about the departure of Culverhouse, which is not helping the club at this time.

Of course we were fortunate to have Culverhouse here. I don't think many will disagree with you on that one.

With regards to last seasons team, I've seen better teams at the Walks previously (albeit not since the Club reformed) than we had last season.

Personally, I have never compared Culverhouse to Clark.

Having to wait many a season before we see a team as good as last season again? I hope not. I'm a lot more optimistic than that!

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »
I gave the game a miss today. Watching my 2 Tortoises walking around the garden was better by the sounds of it.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
Does anyone else feel that the team are confused about the style of play. We have three voices from the bench and Simon Clark does seem to communicate a lot with the players on the pitch. I feel that under the previous regime the players were given clear instructions and then the responsibility to take ownership of seeing them through.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »
Iíve tried to remain positive and back the manager but today was awful. The manager has clearly lost the players, a real lack of effort all over the pitch, lack of direction, tactics and creativity. Players arguing between themselves, all moving away from the ball asif there is a fear to be on it currently. The formation we are playing doesnít work, so narrow yet we donít allow our FBs to push forward at all. We let our back 4 pass around themselves to then pump It up to Natty Stewart vs 2 6ft4 defenders in the second half absolute rubbish?!?! Our midfield canít keep things simple and Iím sorry but Hilliard is just not the answer starting, heís an impact sub. Limb doesnít even make the bench today and we create 0 genuine chances?!?! In Clarkís first interviews he preached he would make players better but every player from last season has regressed dramatically.

Sorry for the rant but for the first time it was not worth the money today. A waste of a day. For me Clarkís time is up not from results but the way we are getting worse each week with the players visibly not happy with the playing style. I donít see him going because it will be a heck of a payout for Mr Cleeve, but Its clear this appointment was a mistake.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
I gave the game a miss today. Watching my 2 Tortoises walking around the garden was better by the sounds of it.

Can myself and the 534 others come and watch your tortoises next weekend?