Author Topic: Saturday.  (Read 4099 times)

Mick

• View Profile
Re: Saturday.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »
Iíve tried to remain positive and back the manager but today was awful. The manager has clearly lost the players, a real lack of effort all over the pitch, lack of direction, tactics and creativity. Players arguing between themselves, all moving away from the ball asif there is a fear to be on it currently. The formation we are playing doesnít work, so narrow yet we donít allow our FBs to push forward at all. We let our back 4 pass around themselves to then pump It up to Natty Stewart vs 2 6ft4 defenders in the second half absolute rubbish?!?! Our midfield canít keep things simple and Iím sorry but Hilliard is just not the answer starting, heís an impact sub. Limb doesnít even make the bench today and we create 0 genuine chances?!?! In Clarkís first interviews he preached he would make players better but every player from last season has regressed dramatically.

Sorry for the rant but for the first time it was not worth the money today. A waste of a day. For me Clarkís time is up not from results but the way we are getting worse each week with the players visibly not happy with the playing style. I donít see him going because it will be a heck of a payout for Mr Cleeve, but Its clear this appointment was a mistake.

Leave it to Mr Cleeve. He has a knack for making managers want to leave of their own accord.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
I gave the game a miss today. Watching my 2 Tortoises walking around the garden was better by the sounds of it.

Can myself and the 534 others come and watch your tortoises next weekend?

Of course, and it's free!

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2018, 07:21:49 PM »
The after match interview with the manager should be interesting. I wonder how many "absolutelys" we will get this week?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
Just 5 this week,I think.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »
At least he is prepared to give interview.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »
I gave the game a miss today. Watching my 2 Tortoises walking around the garden was better by the sounds of it.

Can myself and the 534 others come and watch your tortoises next weekend?

For £13 you can come and watch mine.
He's getting on a bit now but he's 100% committed and on board with the project, great in the changing room and a proven 30 goal a season target man.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »
Iíve tried to remain positive and back the manager but today was awful. The manager has clearly lost the players, a real lack of effort all over the pitch, lack of direction, tactics and creativity. Players arguing between themselves, all moving away from the ball asif there is a fear to be on it currently. The formation we are playing doesnít work, so narrow yet we donít allow our FBs to push forward at all. We let our back 4 pass around themselves to then pump It up to Natty Stewart vs 2 6ft4 defenders in the second half absolute rubbish?!?! Our midfield canít keep things simple and Iím sorry but Hilliard is just not the answer starting, heís an impact sub. Limb doesnít even make the bench today and we create 0 genuine chances?!?! In Clarkís first interviews he preached he would make players better but every player from last season has regressed dramatically.

Sorry for the rant but for the first time it was not worth the money today. A waste of a day. For me Clarkís time is up not from results but the way we are getting worse each week with the players visibly not happy with the playing style. I donít see him going because it will be a heck of a payout for Mr Cleeve, but Its clear this appointment was a mistake.

Totally agree. The results are almost, (almost) secondary to judging the manager; the performances have deen dreadful. Heís managed to turn 80% of a team who got 100 points, into a group who donít seem to have any idea what they are meant to be doing.

Tactics?  Couldnít see any in evidence today.

Clark has done nothing, 6 games in, to give me any confidence that he can improve things. I think they will improve slightly, but only because there is still enough to the players to get some points inspite of the manager, but Clark seems out of his depth.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »
Positive from the match today.
A man told me his sausage in a bun was delicious.
It's not all bad at The Walks!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2018, 09:09:42 PM »
Clarke needs to wake up and smell the coffee you need to alter the playing system before itís to late the lads are running around like headless chickens

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »
Was Dennis there today?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
First game of the season for me today and what a difference to last season. Whilst we are missing the icing on the cake in Norman, you have to believe that we still have quality players on that field.There just seemed a total lack of guidance and self belief in what they were doing, too many passes going astray and may be only two shots on goal in 90 minutes.

The supporters around me in the stand were definitely still encouraging the players and applauded when things went right but there has got to be a system that suits these group of players to play far better than what we are doing. Yesterday we were bullied off the ball by a physical team and Stourbridge out thought us and wanted it more - of course they deserved the win.

I know it is hard being a manager particularly when you are trying to change things and give the players and team some self belief. Although Clarke was being very honest in his interview, he did look and feel like a defeated man. I really hope he can turn it round and have people around him pull him up by his boot laces but .....

On a more positive note I thought the defence, except for the first ten minutes, looked fine - Jones defended well but needs to improve his passing. The midfield did fine as well with the excellent Clunan being inventive in midfield. In the final third Gash was off the pace, may be his injury hadn't cleared and then got a dead leg but the forward thinking, movement and final pass was desperately missing. We had one real chance in the second half and got it wrong.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
just watched Clarkís interview after yesterday..........slating the players, admitting their were 8 starters from last season but NO admitttance that it could be his tactics/ input :dontknow: this has the classic hallmark of players not buying in to the current management team, most striking was Ryan Jarvis and father? in the background, looking back at Clark on a couple of occasions ( a penny for there thoughts), I really fear for cleeve /players on Saturday as the early rounds of the fa cup is notorious for low attendances, and on this display 350-400 wonít be far wrong :banghead; that alone speaks for itself....when a player of Ryan Jarvis stature looks unsure out on the pitch that speaks volumes to me.......... :sinking:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »

I have also tried to remain positive but agree with most of the above. The performances and results won't affect my attendance because I believe in supporting your club through thick and thin but the manager does appear to have lost the players and it's next to impossible to get them back once they lose faith in you.
I also don't like Clarke's tendency to hang players out to dry. He doesn't name anyone but I'm sure he referenced their lack of character or words to that effect in his post match interview and making such comments is a sure way to lose your players respect.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
Where Do I Begin? My team (and formation).

Kalern Thomas back in with Fryatt, McAuley, Jones and Blake-Tracy in the back row using two Wing Backs alternating Jones and Thomas on the right (over-lapping each other in attack).

Clunan, Jarvis and Wing Backs as midfield.

Hawkins, Gash and Rocha as strike force.Where the hell was Harry Limb? Rumour Control speaks of team bust up and Harry leaving!!

Michael Gash got a knock in first half and came back on for 2nd half hobbling - waste of time and should have been subbed either before or at halftime. No width in our play - why widen the pitch if you're not going to use it, it allows the other team the width.

Players arguing. Come on Michael Clunan you're the Captain - Sort It Out.

As said before, Toby Hilliard is an impact player from the bench with fresh legs - not a starter.

I hope that I return from Hols, in time for the Home game against Banbury, to see a different attitude and playing style and some more points on the table.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.