Author Topic: Mr Cleeves Axe  (Read 2787 times)

SamsDad

• View Profile
Mr Cleeves Axe
« on: September 02, 2018, 02:26:02 PM »
How much longer before Mr Cleeve brandishes his shiny axe on Mr Clark/Gaughran?

I am intrigued to know peoples opinions on how long is given to Mr Clark?

If the league is anything like last year, we would need a massive turnaround to achieve points of the same amount.

Surely 2-3 more losses in the next few weeks and Mr Clark will be gone?!

Non League

• View Profile
Re: Mr Cleeves Axe
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 06:48:21 PM »
Might be wide of the mark, but heard some talk that there's a 3 month break clause in Clark contract? I do think it's only a matter of when, not if till he's relieved of his duties. Who's likely replacement?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
Dennis Greene has apparently been seen at a few games,and at least one of those was in the directors box at the walks? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »
Culverhouse had to give 3 moths notice to end his contract does it work in reverse.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »
Its sad that a lot of you on this site thinks it would solve all the problems of getting rid of the manager. What would we gain? Nothing, a new man would want different players change systems etc, this all takes time, I think we can ride out this storm, lets beat Histon on Saturday and it may kick start our season. Also I don't know who was doing the nasty comments on the match feed on line Saturday, but it was certainly nothing to be proud of.  Its only just September for Christ sake!

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
Its sad that a lot of you on this site thinks it would solve all the problems of getting rid of the manager. What would we gain? Nothing, a new man would want different players change systems etc, this all takes time, I think we can ride out this storm, lets beat Histon on Saturday and it may kick start our season. Also I don't know who was doing the nasty comments on the match feed on line Saturday, but it was certainly nothing to be proud of.  Its only just September for Christ sake!

Don’t think it would solve all of our problems, I truly hope Clark turns it around. However I do feel the damage caused to the squad is irreversible under the current regime.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 12:07:05 AM »

I for one cannot look forward to Saturday,what has happened to this group of players to allow their morale to plummet within a few months,it cannot simply be the hangover from losing out on promotion? These guys are semi-profesional footballers,some earning more from part time football than the average wage,it has to be down to motivation,is Clark motivating the players,going on the interviews and body language I don't think he is? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »

Only September yet 14! points behind Kettering already. Remit was promotion, and I think the title is over already so it's luck of the play offs once again, and they're even harder to negotiate this season.

All for giving managers time, but sometimes you can see and tell early on when one is struggling and out of their depth. Why persist if that's the case in the hope he wins 2 on the bounce before going 4/5 without a win before pulling trigger? Still don't understand the reasoning or the logic behind such a bloated group of assistants. Do feel if Clark is relieved, instead of getting a new manager in it could just be a case of them taking over because it would be cheaper.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
It all well and good wanting to change, but it has to be structured change.  As Mark Hearle has said be careful what you wish for.   In the same way that Culverhouse was in place when Cleeve removed Setch then he should have the next incumbent  lined up to replace Clark.   

I would Hope that the Chairman this time would take some independent advice on who the next man on the conveyor belt should be.  Get someone involved who knows what they are doing.

How about Backie for example ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
Power,  I was not for a moment suggesting Backie for the top job.  I was meaning as he was General Manager( or whatever title) that he should be fully engaged on the selection process of the next Manager.  or he might even have a short list of people who Mr Cleeve could look to headhunt away from their current position.

No Power  I didn't attend the game on Saturday, I had a prior engagement as well.  Not sure I can summon up the effort to go to The Walks on Saturday for Histon either.

If your name is anything to go by I will be joining you on Wednesday evening. £27 quid for me.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »
What happened to that guy from Everton - Ray someone??

Was he from the Setch era - I can't remember now.

What I'm getting at is that Cleeve reckons he has loads of "contacts" in the game - can't he bring one of them in if he decides to get rid of Clarke??

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 02:41:35 PM »

What I'm getting at is that Cleeve reckons he has loads of "contacts" in the game

Has he actually said that?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 02:54:32 PM »
I am  sure Stephen has a black book full of contacts, but it is the right person he needs.  As I understand it the person who runs the first team will also be doing a lot with Youth Team development. That's the bright future the Club is planning. Producing its own talent etc.  Hardly  a new idea in Football terms. Now the tie has been broken with COWA I guess the Clubs sees an opportunity to grab there.  Are these B.tech schemes funded ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »
I am  sure Stephen has a black book full of contacts, but it is the right person he needs.  As I understand it the person who runs the first team will also be doing a lot with Youth Team development. That's the bright future the Club is planning. Producing its own talent etc.  Hardly  a new idea in Football terms. Now the tie has been broken with COWA I guess the Clubs sees an opportunity to grab there.  Are these B.tech schemes funded ?

I would guess so, wouldn't you?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 06:41:54 PM »
No point in fussing over who should be the new manager.  Football is a simple game, and any manager is as good or as bad as the next one.  All that counts is his contacts, and his ability to see what happens in the games instead of living in the cliches about “strength”, “character”, etc.  And make sure his team is well-stocked with players who are quicker and slipperier than the opponents in all areas of the pitch.  All the talk of tactics, and the cliches, is just to sound expert enough to get the job, and keep it, which few if any of them do...!,,  IMHO !