Author Topic: Well Folks  (Read 3081 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Well Folks
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 09:52:41 PM »
All seems like a lost cause at the moment, free cider last week, price drop this week, but it is a winning team that brings people in, an occasional freebie or price reduction should bring in a surge for special games, such as fa Cup today. A winning team at £11 should have seen it too at least 800, hopefully they got the kids thing right this time? Would today's performance have any bearing on the Halesowen minibus?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:50 PM »
All seems like a lost cause at the moment, free cider last week, price drop this week, but it is a winning team that brings people in, an occasional freebie or price reduction should bring in a surge for special games, such as fa Cup today. A winning team at £11 should have seen it too at least 800, hopefully they got the kids thing right this time? Would today's performance have any bearing on the Halesowen minibus?  :dontknow:
Your taste for negativity is disturbingly pathological Griss. Have you thought of counselling?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 10:28:45 PM »
On radio Norfolk with Nik Bowler

Did he do a video with Club Media guys as he usually does?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
Your taste for negativity is disturbingly pathological Griss. Have you thought of counselling?

Again Stan?
Do share your positive points from today...

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 10:47:05 PM »
Yes we need a striker you know someone who can put the ball in the nett I thought we had won this when Hawks only had to stroke the ball into a empty goal but he put it wide F F S I could have scored it

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »

Nice of you to ask, do you have an opening for a counsellor, maybe in the home or workplace? Don't worry about a thing, every little things gonna be alright, sorry went off on a tangent there. Seriously though if you can offer me the hours and a decent pay rate then I'm your man. Qualified too, always a bonus, just ask if you wish to see my credentials, maybe I should do the team talks?  :argue:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 10:52:47 PM »
Yes we need a striker you know someone who can put the ball in the nett I thought we had won this when Hawks only had to stroke the ball into a empty goal but he put it wide F F S I could have scored it

See if we could tempt Smith back, scoring at Brackley.  :argue:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 11:00:41 PM »

Careful MA. What with this and your comment last week about headless chickens, you're  in danger of being called negative!

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 07:53:32 AM »

Nice of you to ask, do you have an opening for a counsellor, maybe in the home or workplace? Don't worry about a thing, every little things gonna be alright, sorry went off on a tangent there. Seriously though if you can offer me the hours and a decent pay rate then I'm your man. Qualified too, always a bonus, just ask if you wish to see my credentials, maybe I should do the team talks?  :argue:
:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 08:12:10 AM »
I will say when I feel what’s going wrong on the field , I would drop Parker and put. Jones in his place and put the lad from Kettering in at right back why he doesn’t play him only he knows I would also drop Toby perhaps I should be the manager I couldn’t do worse than the clueless manager we have now now thats being positive

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »

Again Stan?
Do share your positive points from today...
Well:
1. For the first time in three home games I didn't have to take my pint back because either the head was bigger than the beer itself or it tasted off.
2. Had a laugh in the bar watching the stewards shepherd in several supporters with full pints-  two minutes before kick off - who had clearly forgotten the FA rule of no alcohol outside.
3. A  former childhood hero of mine was sitting in the stand, although he did break my heart when he missed a penalty in the shoot-out in the UEFA Cup quarter final away to AEK Athens in 1977.
4. I overhead some bloke with a walking stick say he would still make it down the opposition hospital end before Lynn's first attack did - he was right.
5. Gaughran put his tactics board down for most of the game.
6. Hawkins scored some beauties in the warm up
7. Blake-Tracy was excellent
8. Nathan Stewart had an encouraging performance
9. We played with more width which with Gash up front would have lead to another goal or two.
10. Michael Gash not limping too much
11. Hilliard put the ball in the back of the net.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »
Hey Stan QPR side of 77.  Midfield packed with talent but not much going on at either end of the field.
Clement did he commit suicide by drinking chemicals ?  Tragic.  Love Dave Thomas, socks  rolled down, thickly little player.  Ian Gillard had to be the most one footed player in the history of the game. :laughcry:  Francis, Bowles Hollins Kelly. Good midfield.  Wasn’t it about this time Norwich stuffed them up when trying to win the League title ?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
Hey Stan QPR side of 77.  Midfield packed with talent but not much going on at either end of the field.
Clement did he commit suicide by drinking chemicals ?  Tragic.  Love Dave Thomas, socks  rolled down, thickly little player.  Ian Gillard had to be the most one footed player in the history of the game. :laughcry:  Francis, Bowles Hollins Kelly. Good midfield.  Wasn’t it about this time Norwich stuffed them up when trying to win the League title ?
That’s well remembered Mallard.
Best game I ever saw was QPR beat Slovak Bratislava 5-2 at Loftus Road in an earlier round of the UEFA Cup.  The Bratislava team had 7 of the Czech squad that had put paid to West Germany in the 1976 European Championship.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 09:05:35 AM »
My era Stan.  Crap pitches. Centre half / centre forward real battles. At it for 90 mins.

Was that QPR team under Sexton or ‘jumpers for goalposts’ Alex Stock

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »
Dave Sexton