Author Topic: Well Folks  (Read 3567 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Well Folks
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »
Stan you really don't have a clue do you, I have supported the team for as long as I can remember, up until my laughable unenforceable ban I have made as many games home and away as work and finance would allow! How long have you held counsel at the football club? Strange that negativity has grown since our present incumbent took over, even people who have slated me in the past for being negative are now negative!  I post and share every event and game be it first team, reserve team, under 18s or ladies, even attended bingo until I was banned! I have offered to help raise money in the past, made suggestions that would raise 1000s, at no cost to anybody, guess what never taken up, I ask the question why?  You seem to have all of the answers but know none of the questions, chat with Mr Cleeve and ask why I was banned as he has never made that public, then I will show you the message he sent me? I would love you to explain why at a reduced price against a lower league opposition we had an attendance of under 500?  :dontknow:
I realise that you resent the Chairman Griss and being banned from the ground is bound to make you negative, certainly while Cleeve us still at the helm, at least. I am not sure what you did to offend him. I am all for freedom of speech myself and don't agree with banning fans just for holding views contrary to the club's owner: that's the sort of thing that Donald Trump would do and is undemocratic although I suppose Cleeve would argue that he is the owner of the club and can do what he likes: for many supporters that is the main problem with the way the club operates at present and the reason why the club is in its current mess.
I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about me holding counsel. I am just expressing my opinion on here like you are. You seem to imply that I am not entitled to criticise your views because I haven't supported the club as long as you. If that is the case then you are acting towatds me in the same way that Cleeve has acted towards you and that would be just a bit hypocritical Griss.
For me, the low attendance shows that ticket prices are not as critical to numbers through the turnstiles as other factors like quality of football. If the team had been playing well the numbers would presumably be higher. This shows that some fans treat the football like a product and when the quality of the product is poor they won't pay. My own attitude is that being a supporter of a club is completely  different from buying a product. When I lived near London and supported QPR I would watch them week in and week out regardless of how well they were playing or what their league position was and in the 8 or so years that I have been following Lynn I have adopted the same approach because I believe that the fans and players are really on the same team and that they need our support particularly when things are not going well. I realise that such views appear old-fashioned and idealistic but that's how I feel about it.

I actually agree with most of that,but i am more than happy for people to criticise my views,makes for a more inteesting debate,where would we be if we all agreed,this forum would be even quieter than it is now? Did the price go up by 5 at QPR over a couple of seasons, my brother in law supports QPR,you probaly know him as there are not that many around? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »
Shock time but I actually believe that Stephen Cleeve has his heart in the right place and actually does want to take this club forward.  I just wish upon wish that the guy would open up and embrace the fans.  To take this club forward on his own is fool hardy. If he was to get other people involved including a fans voice and sold off 49% of the club it would make perfect sense.  No lone furrow to plough a sense of openness and help to get the club back on track.

Will all fall on deaf ears I know but this club will once again fall of the edge of cliff if things do not change.  Maybe it happen sooner than some would think.

Griss/Stan.... I can feel the love :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
Shock time but I actually believe that Stephen Cleeve has his heart in the right place and actually does want to take this club forward.  I just wish upon wish that the guy would open up and embrace the fans.  To take this club forward on his own is fool hardy. If he was to get other people involved including a fans voice and sold off 49% of the club it would make perfect sense.  No lone furrow to plough a sense of openness and help to get the club back on track.

Will all fall on deaf ears I know but this club will once again fall of the edge of cliff if things do not change.  Maybe it happen sooner than some would think.

I think Stan knows my brother in law as he is a season ticket holder at QPR, I think Stan must have been the other one?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2018, 05:58:16 PM »

I think Stan knows my brother in law as he is a season ticket holder at QPR, I think Stan must have been the other one?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Most QPR fans these days are on first name terms so yeah I probably do know him. Following Lynn for these past few years feels like watching QPR in the '60s and '70s in that many players are local (ish) and the supporters also come from the local community and see their team as representing that community. Many pro clubs have lost touch with their supporters, especially the big clubs. Pro football is not like it was. I would rather come to The Walks than Loftus Road these days.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

Most QPR fans these days are on first name terms so yeah I probably do know him. Following Lynn for these past few years feels like watching QPR in the '60s and '70s in that many players are local (ish) and the supporters also come from the local community and see their team as representing that community. Many pro clubs have lost touch with their supporters, especially the big clubs. Pro football is not like it was. I would rather come to The Walks than Loftus Road these days.

So would I ? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2018, 06:41:30 PM »
Haha Griss maybe the frost will thaw between you and the owner.  Must be a way forward on this.

Stan what brought you up to this part of the World from  ye olde Smoke ?