Author Topic: Game Tuesday Night  (Read 858 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Game Tuesday Night
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:38:31 AM »
Lets not forget the little matter of Histon away Tomorrow night.   

With Clark gone The New management team in for the night we can expect some 'bounce' as always happen when there is change.

Wish Neil and Backie all the best. Both have the knowledge and experience to get us over the line in this one.   Neil had 2 seasons at Step 5 ( Histon's level) Under Setch so will have gained much from that.  Backie has managed at Step 6 and as General manager has a working knowledge of the players at his disposal.   Will be interesting to see how much more 'effort' and commitment Neil and Robbie get from the players.

3-1 win for me

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Game Tuesday Night
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
Didnít realise Backie was general manager. Thought he was club development manager? Congratulations on his promotion.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Lets not forget the little matter of Histon away Tomorrow night.   

With Clark gone The New management team in for the night we can expect some 'bounce' as always happen when there is change.

Wish Neil and Backie all the best. Both have the knowledge and experience to get us over the line in this one.   Neil had 2 seasons at Step 5 ( Histon's level) Under Setch so will have gained much from that.  Backie has managed at Step 6 and as General manager has a working knowledge of the players at his disposal.   Will be interesting to see how much more 'effort' and commitment Neil and Robbie get from the players.

3-1 win for me

Good point Mallard, about the commitment. Seems like player power helped get rid of Clark If the players think they can pick the manager and play when they feel like it , they can foxtrot oscar like Clark as well

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:22 AM »
Like the attitude Paul.... Its a credit to you.

Sorry I made a mistake . I thought he was General manager,  just had the title wrong.   From The outside easy mistake to make.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 09:02:39 AM »
Like the attitude Paul.... Its a credit to you.

Sorry I made a mistake . I thought he was General manager,  just had the title wrong.   From The outside easy mistake to make.

Itís called reading the club website. Only reason I knew Backieís job role.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »
Back or Backie to the matter in hand, let's hope that the temporary appointment of Backie and Fry at the is enough to galvanise the players belief in themselves as a team, and they show some of the same desire and spirit from last season? This is a must win game on many fronts now, much to be proven, and least of all much needed revenue, we need a good cup run. Fingers crossed the appointment albeit short term will tempt a few more over to the Histon game?  Onwards and upwards.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
Why has the youth team manager stepped up to take charge of the first team ? Surely the reserve team manager should be doing this, after all he's been given responsibility of bringing players on and getting them ready for progression to the first team
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't