Author Topic: Away vs Histon  (Read 2246 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Away vs Histon
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 11:43:15 AM »
Will we be having a higlights video and an interview with the managers? :cheers:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 01:58:05 PM »
Cleeve should now sack ALL the players , or at least get them to reimburse the supporters their entry money for the last 6 games. ( with the exception of Limb, cause he not played much). If they could show energy and effort for this one then why not before ? Not all down to Clark, their attitude stinks and shows no passion or loyalty to the club or its supporters.

I get where Blue Moon is coming from as we as fans have had to suffer some tripe on the pitch while the players were "protesting" against Clark.

Saying that, watching the players perform again last night has compensated myself - it was joy to watch (and Histon's burgers are a joy to eat!!)

Hopefully the season has started now and even though we are playing catch up, we have enough quality in this squad to be challenging amongst the play offs come the end of the season.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »
I think it was Clark's tactics to blame.
There was a lot of effort put in by the players, in the games I saw.
But Hawkins, a winger, played through the middle. Limb hardly used at all.
A couple of bad results, and confidence shot.
Almost the same team as last season, and we know how well they can play.
Clark stifled them.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 02:27:30 PM »
Missed the first goal but for sure all of the players were playing for each other last night and Hawkins tore them apart in the first half. I hope his injury is not too bad as he had to be helped off the pitch when he was substituted. The players were certainly working for each other and making spaces and runs for the team mates to pass into and put in some telling passes. Two of Hawkins goals and Stewart's goal were excellent strikes. Harry Limb just needs a goal but he did work very hard and did put in some very good passes

It was certainly refreshing to see, against a team that Lynn struggled against on Saturday and that at the very least must give the team confidence going forward

I know there is a video of goal 5 on twitter but i am sure i read no cameras went to the match last night or Halesowen

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
Highlights on Histon FC website, 2 videos, 1st half then 2nd half.

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
Missed the first goal but for sure all of the players were playing for each other last night and Hawkins tore them apart in the first half. I hope his injury is not too bad as he had to be helped off the pitch when he was substituted. The players were certainly working for each other and making spaces and runs for the team mates to pass into and put in some telling passes. Two of Hawkins goals and Stewart's goal were excellent strikes. Harry Limb just needs a goal but he did work very hard and did put in some very good passes

It was certainly refreshing to see, against a team that Lynn struggled against on Saturday and that at the very least must give the team confidence going forward

I know there is a video of goal 5 on twitter but i am sure i read no cameras went to the match last night or Halesowen
Hawkins has a dead leg and Jarvis stitches in a leg wound.I also saw Blake Tracy stretch his groin slightly.