Author Topic: F A CUP  (Read 2304 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
F A CUP
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »
Any views on our draw or next opponents.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: F A CUP
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 10:27:48 PM »
Home to Stafford Rangers

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
9th in the Northern Premier not having a bad season

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:52:38 PM »
Played 7 Won 3 Drawn2 Lost 2

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »
How are you doing Duke haven't seen you for a while?

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
Long story Mike will catch up.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Who have we got on Saturday, just been past the ground and it is a choice between Histon or Stourbridge?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
Not often we agree.
However I'll give you this one.
Match PR does need to improve.
Been like it for a long time. Been a bug of mine probably as long as I been a fan. And thats a long long time.

The days of relying on local press have gone. Folk seek info from other sources these days.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
Can't help when no one from the media team is 'available' to travel to away games. Never seem to have that problem getting to home games.  Still maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:17:12 AM »
Can't help when no one from the media team is 'available' to travel to away games. Never seem to have that problem getting to home games.  Still maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

This is not really to do with the media team ase such,this is down to whoever is in charge of publicity? Still don't know who we are supposed to be playing, or whether Mr Cleeve wil be going with the lower price? this would attract a better gate given the last few results? Is he coping okay at the moment,last few timmes I have seen him he seemed to display the same afflitions that troubled the boss of Inspector Clouseau in the pin panther movies? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 07:25:21 AM »
Ah Mallard, And there was me thinking you were happy with our work this season.

Just to fill in the blanks for you. Daryl was enjoying the final few days of his holiday, Greg was attending a family function and I was working till 1:30pm ensuring you have some pears  for your fruit bowl  and apple sauce for your pork. The club helicopter was not available to fly me to the Midlands which was a shame. However I did my duty and took in some of the reserves at The Walks.

For the record that was the first game I have missed this season and Greg's second.

Hopefully 2 out of the three of us will be back at The Walks on Saturday.

I do agree with the comments re the out of date ' next fixture' board at the ground - that situation needs sorting going forward. I understand the boards are made for each game so I will chase that one up.

only just received  details of admission for Saturday which will be the usual prices for a league game. This will be posted later on the site.

No further news of managerial situation at the moment that I am aware of.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »
Mark, good to see you are paying attention  :salute:

Happy with the media team's performance ?  Well I sure was at the start of the season where it looked a fresh, new approach.  Plenty of news coming out, a few interviews with players etc.  This has since somewhat faded, in line with the team performances.  That's the way it is coming across to me, Mark do you think that is a fair statement ?  You guys set the standard at the start of the season, but it does seem to fallen back to the way it was. 

Im fine on the apples and pears, have a load ripening in the garden right now.  Plus not everyone eats Pork, so no apple sauce needed by me. 

As for the not attendance of a media representative of the Club, yes I have to say that is disappointing.  I guess if the Chairman's idea ( dreams?) of gain league status then the media team will be changed to people who can fulfil such duties as travelling to away games.

With regard to the new manager ( or otherwise) has the situation now changed with regard to the Chairman's idea that a decision would be made in 10/12 (?) days ?.  Don't tell me the famous table is being brought out again and there are 3 offers on it   :thanks:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »
As for the not attendance of a media representative of the Club, yes I have to say that is disappointing.  I guess if the Chairman's idea ( dreams?) of gain league status then the media team will be changed to people who can fulfil such duties as travelling to away games.

We need a media team like Hereford - there was about 50 of them (seems all you needed was a laptop and you could claim you were part of the team). No worries about games not being covered then!

I feel the coverage has been fine this season so far, but how dare work/family come first last Saturday.......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 12:24:59 PM »
Blimey 50!!  You would need a real vantage point to count that lot.   I guess free admission and no travel makes for a good day out.