Author Topic: Dunstable away on Saturday  (Read 3067 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Dunstable away on Saturday
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:24:04 PM »
Just thought I'd post because a few people have asked me what train they can get to Dunstable(!) on Saturday...

There is no train station in Dunstable. Closest station with reasonable transport links is Luton. Busway services C and F70 stop closest to the ground and pick up from outside the railway station. The C stops outside the ground itself on Brewers Hill Road, the F70 stops a couple of minutes walk away on the A5.

If using one of the town pubs it's about 20 minutes walk to the ground. There's a Wetherspoons (The Gary Cooper) across the road from Asda in the town centre, but no shortage of pubs in the High Street itself.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Re: Dunstable away on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »
Not the most interesting town in England, the priory is worth a look and Dunstable downs is good.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »
Very much so. It is now the largest town in England without its own railway station and besides a few pubs and Asda there is little else to see in the town centre. Largely thanks to sky high business rates and Luton only 10 minutes away on the guided busway that opened in 2013.

On the footballing side, Creasey Park has been completely redeveloped since our last visit in 2004, so will be unrecognisable to those who remember going last time.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »
Every game now is a 'big one' but if we get a positive result that will both lay down a marker and be an incredible confidence boost?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 03:05:38 PM »
Last two seasons in the NPL, 80/81 points was the fifth place target. Given how close the battle for 4th/5th is I would imagine about 75 points would be the target this time around, which would be 9 wins required from our final 15 games.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 06:42:50 PM »
Had a couple of seasons there in 69/70 remember playing against Barry Fry him playing for Bedford, saw him on TV last night put on a bit of weight since then as I have now pushing 78. Hope to be at Walks on Saturday.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »
Lets hope today we can get that result against a well placed team which can help us kick on towards the play offs. Come on you Linnets!