Author Topic: Manager  (Read 3423 times)

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Manager
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »
I assume that as we have not heard anything as yet we will be led by backie and fryatt  on Saturday against Banbury
which at present is not a bad thing  as they seem to be getting the best out of the players.
I would imagine if we win on Saturday the boys will still be in charge for the fa cup game  the following week , as I cant see the Chairman wanting to change anything while we are winning.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Manager
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
Neil and Rob are doing a great job.
Let's hope, with the time it's taking to get a full time manager, the chairman is taking advice from people that know football.
Not his strong point, taking advice.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
As we are currently sat 19th in the league I imagine its quite hard to attract a manger with the right CV to the club when the chairman's and fans expectations are at least a play-off place.

It reminds me of the situation we found ourselves in with the unveiling of a sponsor that took weeks and weeks and weeks. We were told there were sponsors at the table, we were being told that there are names in the hat for the managers post.

At the moment Backie and Fryatt are doing an amazing job above and beyond what they set out to do at the start of the season. I would like to see a new manager unveiled before it goes wrong and we lose a couple of games. (Hopefully we don't lose any, but I'd love to see these two guys go out with a 100% record).

Do we have a new manger in waiting who is trying to sort two or three players out to come with him?

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
Could be a case of the manager that Lynn want/would be interested in just isn't available at the moment because they're in a start/middle of a project and want to see how it goes for a bit longer. If Backie and Fryatt are happy to stay on, and step aside when said manager becomes available further down the line (whether that's few weeks or months) regardless how well they've done, it could be good for everyone.

Realistically their isn't going to be many managers available right now because the ones that are you would think were available when Clark was appointed, so not like there'd be fresh faces at present, and the previous applicants must not have wowed Cleeve otherwise he would have quickly appointed one of them if they were a close 2nd to Clark.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »
Maybe potential managers are put off by someone... :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
Maybe potential managers are put off by someone... :dontknow:

Bit harsh. The chefs food isnít that bad!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
Or maybe the chairman is not rocking the boat as there has been a marked improvement.Like Fryatt said the players are good enough.The issues occurr further down the line if new players are required,contacts etc.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
LSL.Spot on old friend.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 01:47:59 PM »
Or maybe the chairman is not rocking the boat as there has been a marked improvement.Like Fryatt said the players are good enough.The issues occurr further down the line if new players are required,contacts etc.

And he is saving money, the dynamic duo will come in cheaper than the three stooges, means more profitable games?  :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 02:06:31 PM »
If itís a new Man to come in I hope itís not someone who was on the shortlist in summer.  Anyone who was deemed to be behind Clark in the pecking order doesnít bare thinking about.  I am still amazed a man with the Intelligence of Stephen Cleeve got the thing so badly wrong. I guess in one his programme essays he will hold his hand up and say sorry to the fans for -/:;()£ it up?

Oh ok I wonít hold my breath.  Once in a season is forgivable if he gets this one wrong then some may wish to question the guys judgement, or rather lack of it.  Could this be why he is taking his time ?  Does he perhaps no longer trust his own judgement ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
Mallard, let's be honest here every chairman of every club in the county has got a managerial decision wrong at some point (some more than once!). Important he gets next appointment right hence why Cleeve (correctly in my opinion) seems to be taking his time.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
For sure Paul, thatís why I suggested once in a season is forgivable.

I really think the success that Back n Fryatt has clouded the issue for the Chairman.  If he  doesnít offer it to them and makes a pigs ear of the next appointment then people are going to be all over him like a rash. 

Itís a tough one for the Chiarman, is he waiting for Backman and Fryatt to slip up which will then makes his decision easier ?

Paul, let me put you on the spot.  You are Stephen Cleeve, what would you do ?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 07:54:26 PM »
 :scarf: I believe Arsene Wenger is still available. :oldman"

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 10:02:16 PM »
For sure Paul, thatís why I suggested once in a season is forgivable.

I really think the success that Back n Fryatt has clouded the issue for the Chairman.  If he  doesnít offer it to them and makes a pigs ear of the next appointment then people are going to be all over him like a rash. 

Itís a tough one for the Chiarman, is he waiting for Backman and Fryatt to slip up which will then makes his decision easier ?

Paul, let me put you on the spot.  You are Stephen Cleeve, what would you do ?
It is a tough one Mallard. I'm not sure what I would do but what about you?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:47 AM »
Stan, toughie mate.  To be honest I think I would go with the two local boys. If I got egg in my face then so be it.

I certainly wouldnít go for Beadleís about who was spotted leaving The Walks yesterday. That to me would make no sense.