Author Topic: Back and Fryatt appointed.  (Read 2674 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Back and Fryatt appointed.
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:53:10 AM »

King's Lynn Town appoint Robbie Back and Neil Fryatt in managerial hot seat

King’s Lynn Town Football Club are pleased to announce that both Rob Back and Neil Fryatt are to continue in their role as joint managers of the club’s first team.

Following talks with chairman Stephen Cleeve, a deal has been agreed seeing the pair working on a monthly rolling contract basis, managing the first team whilst carrying on with their existing roles within the club.

Linnets chairman Mr Cleeve said: "I have taken my time with this decision and thought about the situation very deeply ever since removing Simon Clark from his role as manager.
"I have also taken advice from people within the football world locally and nationally as well as seeking the opinions of some of the senior club officials at The Walks.
Initially, I had no hesitation turning to both Rob and Neil when we needed some breathing space and stability following Simon’s dismissal and I now have no hesitation in making their tenure of the job a more permanent one.
After the home draw with Histon, the team were on the seat of their pants but since then we have seen a tremendous display of attacking football at Histon in the cup replay, a determined point collected at Halesowen and an assured team performance to earn another cup win last weekend.
In their short spell in charge they have transformed the team back to the one we all enjoyed watching last season.
At the same time they have put the smile back on the faces of our supporters who were understandably upset and disappointed with our early-season performances.
Both are proud local men who have blue and gold passing through their veins and at this particular moment I see no better men for the job.
We still have much to do in the league, beginning with what will be a tough fixture against Banbury United on Saturday.
Neither they or myself are under any illusions as to the difficult task that is in front of us, but I now believe we have the correct men in place to stabilise the ship and move us forward as the season unfolds.
Finally I would like to thank the supporters for their patience whilst I made this decision.
I would now urge you to get fully behind Neil, Rob and the team as we enter a very important set of fixtures."

On the duo's appointment, Back said: "Neil and myself wish to thank Stephen for giving us the opportunity to manage this wonderful club.
Six weeks ago I would have laughed at you had you said that come October you will be managing King’s Lynn Town, but now we are and it goes to show how unpredictable football can be.
Neil and myself will continue to do what we have been doing over the past few weeks and will change nothing.
We will make the decisions together as we have before and there’s no him or me about us, it really is a joint partnership.
There are parts of the job that Neil doesn’t like that I do and the same the other way round.
We have known each other for many years in various roles and the chance to manage our local team was just too good an opportunity to decline. We will continue in our other roles which we currently hold.
We both know we have a lot of hard work ahead of us to climb the league but we are blessed here with a truly talented squad who want to do well and achieve success.
The supporters have been great to date and I would like to thank them for their kind messages since we have been in charge. There will be some difficult times ahead but we will be striving to give you the team and results your excellent backing deserves. Now we must prepare for the challenges ahead, beginning with the visit of Banbury on Saturday.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: Back and Fryatt appointed.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:02:57 AM »
A great move for the club. Will they bring any players in now or are they happy with the squad they have taken over?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
Would be great to see these two club stalwarts succeed. I wish them all the best. Not sure we need any new players. Squad looks strong enough to move up the table now they've got their mojo back.
Can't wait for Saturday. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Linnet 1958

• Harry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
A very good move for all. Backie and Fryatt have brought confidence and belief back to the team who are again playing crowd pleasing footie just as we played last year. As they say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Very good news indeed - roll on Saturday.  :clap: :clap:

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
I  did not think they would accept the job for reasons I stated in another thread. Now they have accepted the posts I am fully behind the chairman's decision and wish them all the best. They are local men who have served the club well in the past. There seems be a lot of support from the fans, I hope this continues when the odd bad result comes along. Lets hope we get a good crowd on Saturday to show our support to Neil and Rob. Come on you Linnets.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »
I disagree with Tazzy ( haven’t we always :laughcry:).  If there was one job Backie and Neil perhaps couldn’t turn down then this was it.

I think the idea of taking one mouth at a time is a great idea.  I would image there has been no ‘Culverhouse’  applying for the job, so until there is a stand out apply who better to hold the reins than these two?

If it goes wrong for the duo then there is no sacking involved they just carrry on as before with the previous jobs.  If and when another Culverhouse comes along then I’m sure they will be quite prepared to step aside, being the true club men thst they are.   

The players have bought into the duo and are prepared to give it thier all, which maybe wasn’t the case with Clark. I truly wish them well and hope the fans will then all the support they deserve. IF it doesn’t work out, well at least they gave it a go.

I’m sure they will be looking to add bodies to the squad and will look close to home for those additions.

There is one big problem I foresee...... As joint Managers. Who gets the Club car ? Or will it be a car share scheme  :laughcry:   Backie being the Manager and Neil the Coach.... tough call maybe they should get one each !!!

SamsDad

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
Can't help but feel it is a bit of a cop out but I wish them all the success and hope that my doubts are wrong!!

The big thing here is Mr Cleeve needs to give them time and a realistic target to hit in what is their first season at this level.

Time will tell if this was the right choice but hopefully all will back them!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:10:34 PM »
I disagree with Tazzy ( haven’t we always :laughcry:).  If there was one job Backie and Neil perhaps couldn’t turn down then this was it.

I think the idea of taking one mouth at a time is a great idea.  I would image there has been no ‘Culverhouse’  applying for the job, so until there is a stand out apply who better to hold the reins than these two?

If it goes wrong for the duo then there is no sacking involved they just carrry on as before with the previous jobs.  If and when another Culverhouse comes along then I’m sure they will be quite prepared to step aside, being the true club men thst they are.   

The players have bought into the duo and are prepared to give it thier all, which maybe wasn’t the case with Clark. I truly wish them well and hope the fans will then all the support they deserve. IF it doesn’t work out, well at least they gave it a go.

I’m sure they will be looking to add bodies to the squad and will look close to home for those additions.

There is one big problem I foresee...... As joint Managers. Who gets the Club car ? Or will it be a car share scheme  :laughcry:   Backie being the Manager and Neil the Coach.... tough call maybe they should get one each !!!
I can't see why they will look for bodies Mallard. Squad is strong enough as everyone has been saying all season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 02:12:43 PM »
I personally think there are a couple of areas that could do with bolstering.  The budget must be there with 3 players and a full time Manager having departed.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
I personally think there are a couple of areas that could do with bolstering.  The budget must be there with 3 players and a full time Manager having departed.

Squad can always be improved, however no rush it's more than good enough to get us up towards the top 5/6.

And congratulations to Neil & Rob and well done Mr Cleeve for making the right decision.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »
Lynn have the same midfield 4 as last season and the same front 2. There have been two changes in the back 4. McCauley for Ward like for like more or less and the talented Jones for the irreplaceable Norman. There's a decent bench. Club better off conserving funds at present.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 03:35:28 PM »
I think King was part of the midfield last season Stan.  I guess it will depend on what the ambition is for this season.  Let’s not forget we have made a good few quid from the cup run.  Think we need cover at centre half and still a striker.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
King was injured for most of the time he was with us. I wouldn't be in any rush to buy more players. Virtually all of that team were good enough to get 100 points last season. I don't agree that not getting more players implies a lack of ambition. You could extend that same argument to retaining Backie and Fryatt if you follow your reasoning Mallard. Are you also suggesting that the managerial appointments also reflects a lack of ambition?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
IMHO, 100% the correct appointments for where we are at the moment. I wish them well and believe they will do a good job.

Ambitions?

Again IMHO, The Chairman's ambitions have been put on hold, and that's probably not a bad thing.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »
IMHO, 100% the correct appointments for where we are at the moment. I wish them well and believe they will do a good job.

Ambitions?

Again IMHO, The Chairman's ambitions have been put on hold, and that's probably not a bad thing.
Chairman's ambitions on hold. Good point B & G.