Author Topic: Back and Fryatt appointed.  (Read 2033 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: Back and Fryatt appointed.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
£25k......really?

£15k prize money. Attendances werenít great plus you only get 50% of the gate after expenses.

I donít know figures but would guess a big lump of the prize money will go to paying Clarkís compensation.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
Surprised that some think the Chairman's ambitions have changed...suspect their posts reflect their own lack of ambition rather than his IMHO.

Would have thought given all the upheaval in recent weeks that consistent performances with the same squad personnel is the key....if the budget allows and we are pushing for a play off place in Jan/Feb, then maybe a few new players wouldn't go amiss.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
 "senior club officials at The Walks".

Nice to see Loopy & Grissles getting involved.  :oldman"

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »
I seem to remember that we were told that budget had been increased from last season.

Therefore, being three players light since Clark left, surely that means there should be money available. I really don't think anyone requires access to accounts to arrive at  this conclusion.

Give it a couple of weeks to see if Back and Fryatt add to the squad (what Managers never look to add to or improve their squad). If not, then I guess that is likely that the previously suggested budget cut has actually happened.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 10:02:07 PM »
Paul, It would be somewhat unjust for Backie n Neilís budget to be compromised by the Chairmanís massive mistake in his choice of Manager.

Maybe another crowd funding idea for KLFM to get behind ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
Paul, It would be somewhat unjust for Backie n Neilís budget to be compromised by the Chairmanís massive mistake in his choice of Manager.

Maybe another crowd funding idea for KLFM to get behind ?

I donít think anyone is saying the budget will be effected, letís be honest none of us know the budget? Would imagine, like any club at this level, you donít include a cup run in any budget - thatís all extra. However Clarkís compensation has to be paid from somewhere?

We may even have been over budget, none of us know. Backie & Neil obviously happy with the budget otherwise they wouldnít have committed to the job?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 10:19:16 PM »
And don't forget the extra pound on entrance fees and increase in drinks prices? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 06:16:15 AM »
The expression "budget cut" is emotive and suggests a deliberate action/decision to reduce available funds. There are many types of budget/ forecast and the club undoubtedly will have made a forecast for the season with regard to income and expenditure. Sometimes in business circumstances change and budgets are re-drawn accordingly. Referring to this as a "cut" is, as I say, pointlesslyemotive; budget change/revision are more appropriate. But as I and others have said from the outset: we do not have the actual figures ourselves and this is all just pointless speculation. It would of course stop all these rumours if the club were to be more open about such matters and that is perhaps where time might be better spent by all parties. That might stop the negative rumour mongering that is a key feature of this forum.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 06:56:30 AM »
Whether anyone knows the actual budget figures is immaterial,the fact is that Mr Cleeve himself stated that with the level of sponsorship on board this season and the increase in entry fee he would have a league winning budget,his words nobody elses! :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2018, 07:18:58 AM »
Circumstances change Griss:. possible payout to Clark & Co; a drop in attendances. Fans need to do their bit by coming along in droves.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2018, 07:24:10 AM »
If the club has funds for squad improvement then fine but we are in no position to judge this. It would help if the chairman could make a statement about the current situation although it's only a couple of people on here who have raised it as an issue which is hardly representative of the fan base.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »
Doesn't really matter if the budget is 10 bob and a mars bar or £20,000, if Mr Cleeve delivers on his promise of promotion it will all be worth it. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
Stan call it what you will, it doesnít really matter.  At the end of the day you can polish a turd all you like, but itís still a turd.

Letís wait and see over the next couple of weeks. My feelings is Backie will add a local gem or 2 into the ranks.  I donít see them being high profile signings just players with potential to play at this level.

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »
If Culverhouse had to give 3 months notice, then you would assume that applied to the club as well, so I would think that Clark was on a similar contract, in which case the sensible option would be to continue paying him until the 3 months is up.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 10:44:40 AM »
If Culverhouse had to give 3 months notice, then you would assume that applied to the club as well, so I would think that Clark was on a similar contract, in which case the sensible option would be to continue paying him until the 3 months is up.

Is that what's happening then Rabbit?   :dontknow: