Author Topic: Match day.  (Read 2011 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Match day.
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
How it has changed.
I used to go as part of a large family group,sometimes, up to twenty of us. Into the bar to drinks, and snacks for the children. Fifty fifty tickets, purchased by all, even though we knew there was little chance of winning it. The bar would be buzzing, lots of friends to talk to.
Then Mr.Cleeve came along...
Price increases, in consecutive seasons, and refreshment prices hiked.
Most of my family decided to spend their hard earned cash elsewhere. Another was banned, ridiculously.
I now often go alone,getting there just before kick off. No beer, and no fifty fifty for me.
Mr. Cleeve has totally ruined the club, for me.
I will still be there to support them,just not the same anymore.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: Match day.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
On the other side, I think the club had progressed and enjoy match days.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
How it has changed.
I used to go as part of a large family group,sometimes, up to twenty of us. Into the bar to drinks, and snacks for the children. Fifty fifty tickets, purchased by all, even though we knew there was little chance of winning it. The bar would be buzzing, lots of friends to talk to.
Most of my family decided to spend their hard earned cash elsewhere. Another was banned, ridiculously.
I now often go alone,getting there just before kick off. No beer, and no fifty fifty for me.
Times move forward maybe you should step from the dark ages and grissles shadow his negative affect is rubbing off on you

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »
How it has changed.
Times move forward maybe you should step from the dark ages and grissles shadow his negative affect is rubbing off on you

Attendances are speaking for themselves loopy! :cry: :cry: :cry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »
How it has changed.
Tell that to the hundreds of people that aren't going.
Under 600 again today.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:49:49 PM »
Someone will correct me if I am wrong,but when Mr Cleeve announced the increase in prices did he not say that it was to fund an exciting squad that would be certain of promotion? Team are doing great under Rob and Neil,but the other thing he said was he would need to average 800 per game? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
Donít think he ever said certain promotion. He just said he wanted promotion (which we all do).

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »
Donít think he ever said certain promotion. He just said he wanted promotion (which we all do).

But the rest was correct? :dontknow:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
How it has changed.
I have being going to watch Lynn for about 8 years and have not noticed much difference in atmosphere in that time: not much difference under Buster. Blue & Gold earlier agreed that most of the rot set in when the club went bust. Attendances were good last year because the side were doing well. If Lynn climb up the table the attendances will increase. There are a lot of fickle supporters at Lynn. The hard-core 500 or so will attend games no matter what. The floating 300 or so will come along when the side is doing well.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
How it has changed.
I have being going to watch Lynn for about 8 years and have not noticed much difference in atmosphere in that time: not much difference under Buster. Blue & Gold earlier agreed that most of the rot set in when the club went bust. Attendances were good last year because the side were doing well. If Lynn climb up the table the attendances will increase. There are a lot of fickle supporters at Lynn. The hard-core 500 or so will attend games no matter what. The floating 300 or so will come along when the side is doing well.

You have to admit that the attendance today was dire Stan,and that is after 3 wins and a draw,and the draw was due to them getting lucky with a penalty? :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »
Attendance was disappointing but I imagine 5 home games in a row doesnít help.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »
Not terrible. They will increase as the side progress up the table which they will. I prefer to focus on the positives Griss:
a comfortable win against a side in 4th place;  the side playing like they did last season; great goal from Harry Limb. What's not to like Griss? Good decision by the chairman to give Fryatt and Backie the job - onwards and upwards.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »
Attendance was disappointing but I imagine 5 home games in a row doesnít help.

3 home games in the last 5,so you think the financial side of things is catching up with fans? :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 06:29:20 PM »
Not terrible. They will increase as the side progress up the table which they will. I prefer to focus on the positives Griss:
a comfortable win against a side in 4th place;  the side playing like they did last season; great goal from Harry Limb. What's not to like Griss? Good decision by the chairman to give Fryatt and Backie the job - onwards and upwards.

I agree with you there Stan,but the average gate being 180 below this time last season must be a cause for concern,that is a loss per game of over £2000 in gate money,add to that sundry sales,going to need one hell of a jump to pull that money back? :bankrupt:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »
Of course decreased attendances are a cause for concern but the problem is being addressed: Lynn playing well and climbing up the table. Attendances were high last season because Lynn were doing so well. Just got to be patient and hopefully do well in the cups.