Author Topic: Match day.  (Read 2015 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Match day.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
Of course decreased attendances are a cause for concern but the problem is being addressed: Lynn playing well and climbing up the table. Attendances were high last season because Lynn were doing so well. Just got to be patient and hopefully do well in the cups.

Home again on Tuesday night Stan,will you be there? And will they go with a weakened team? :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
Came home to thst result.   Massive big up for Backie.  Not so many years back Robbie was Managing at Dersingham in the Anglian Com Div 2 (?).  Great to see when a local boy makes good. Really one of our own.

Stan, thoughts on the game, 3-1 win fair ?

Can’t wait to hear the after match interview to be posted. Backie always tells it how it is. Another big plus is the signing of Hendo, has he still got that beard ?  I would suggest Backie has been working on that one over the last few weeks.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
I have being going to watch Lynn for about 8 years and have not noticed much difference in atmosphere in that time: not much difference under Buster. Blue & Gold earlier agreed that most of the rot set in when the club went bust.

That's not what I said at all. I referred to since the Club was reformed, not when it went bust. BIG difference.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »
Today was a return to passing football a' la Culverhouse. A few heart-in-the-mouth moments with under-hit passes being intercepted and playing the ball across and backwards a little too close to opposition players. Pedro didn't have many saves to make but those he did were done comfortably.

Harry Limb has settled in well and covered a lot of ground with some intelligent play. Michael Gash was a linchpin and held up and played passes well. Michael Clunan had a good game as did all the others. Can't think of a bad game by anyone really - all put a shift in. Fraser BT solid as usual with a few wing runs. Aaron Jones did OK but not really wing-backing play.

Hawkins had several solo runs and "won" a few free kicks!! Parker pivotal without really being too obvious although he played his part. Backline solid without being too hard pressed by Banbury.

Banbury came out 2nd half with a game plan - pressed our midfield further up the pitch which compressed us. First half we had 4-5 players in the centre waiting for balls to be played into the box - 2nd half we didn't have as much freedom  but mostly attacked on the break, as did Banbury.

All in all, a good result against a Banbury team who had the players but not the answer to a well diciplined Lynn team.

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »
I have being going to watch Lynn for about 8 years and have not noticed much difference in atmosphere in that time: not much difference under Buster. Blue & Gold earlier agreed that most of the rot set in when the club went bust.

That's not what I said at all. I referred to since the Club was reformed, not when it went bust. BIG difference.
Sorry if I misquoted you but I don't understand why it is a BIG difference. The club went bust then reformed surely that's all part of the same process. I feel like you are splitting hairs B & G but happy to be put right.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 08:39:42 AM »
I am sure the owner would be disappointed in the attendance but we are languishing in 18th position but there were lots of positives yesterday

Excellent performance against a team which was 4th in the league with the passing game we often saw last year. As one person behind me asked 'Is this the same team that we watched against Stourbridge?' Two local men looking after the team. Quality prepared pitch.

If we can string another few results together and climb the league and i believe we have the quality in this side to do so, then i am sure the crowds will increase. We could have had 2-3 more goals in the first half.

I thought Aaron Jones had a solid game and whilst he is not the attacking full back that Norman was his performances impressed me yesterday, far better passing game. Harry Limb still learning the game and needs to predict/gamble how to feed off Gash but scored an excellent goal. Feel a lot more positive about Lynn now that after watching them against Stourbridge

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
I am sure the owner would be disappointed in the attendance but we are languishing in 18th position but there were lots of positives yesterday

Excellent performance against a team which was 4th in the league with the passing game we often saw last year. As one person behind me asked 'Is this the same team that we watched against Stourbridge?' Two local men looking after the team. Quality prepared pitch.

If we can string another few results together and climb the league and i believe we have the quality in this side to do so, then i am sure the crowds will increase. We could have had 2-3 more goals in the first half.

I thought Aaron Jones had a solid game and whilst he is not the attacking full back that Norman was his performances impressed me yesterday, far better passing game. Harry Limb still learning the game and needs to predict/gamble how to feed off Gash but scored an excellent goal. Feel a lot more positive about Lynn now that after watching them against Stourbridge
Agree with all of that. Harry Limb, despite his fantastic strike, still much to learn but that goal showed his potential. Shrewd management to give him plenty of game time.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »

Sorry if I misquoted you but I don't understand why it is a BIG difference. The club went bust then reformed surely that's all part of the same process. I feel like you are splitting hairs B & G but happy to be put right.

Thank you for the apology with regards to the misquote.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
The attendance of 575 is disappointing in relation to last season but would have been a decent figure for the season before when Lynn finished mid-table.The conclusion must be that league position is the key factor in attendance levels. As Lynn progress up the table the attendances will increase.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 09:49:57 AM »
Some argued that the ticket price increase would affect attendances but last season disproved that theory: prices increased and so did attendances.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »
Some argued that the ticket price increase would affect attendances but last season disproved that theory: prices increased and so did attendances.

Could always look at the other side of the coin Stan, if it had dropped slightly would even more have attended? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »
Admission fees are what they are ( no 541t Sherlock). The die hard will pay it no matter what the figure is.  The floating fan will again pay whatever the admission is on the rare occasion there is a biggie on. 

Sorry to say I think the idea Mr Cleeve has of average gates of 1000 are dreamland.  So unless he can find other revenue streams to prop up his ambitions it leaves him to find the shortfall.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »
Admission fees are what they are ( no 541t Sherlock). The die hard will pay it no matter what the figure is.  The floating fan will again pay whatever the admission is on the rare occasion there is a biggie on. 

Sorry to say I think the idea Mr Cleeve has of average gates of 1000 are dreamland.  So unless he can find other revenue streams to prop up his ambitions it leaves him to find the shortfall.

Pssssst,wanna buy an hotel Guvnor? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »
Norwich being at home probably meant a lower attendance at Lynn with their supporters being reasonably happy at the moment.
On prices, I was in Buxton last week and saw their FA Cup game against Coalville. Admission was £6 with tea being £1. The pitch (the highest in England!) looked a great surface but unfortunately was spoilt by a game of "hoof ball". Coalville looked a half decent team (they won the replay 4-1).
I am tempted by the league cup game at Tuesday but only if the teams take it seriously and then choose either Norwich v Stoke or Lynn's FA cup game on Saturday!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »
With both teams having cup games on Saturday I expect us to field a mixture of first team bench and reserves plus Henderson
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”