Author Topic: Match day.  (Read 1564 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Match day.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 12:09:20 PM »
I feel we will have a fairly strong team out for Tuesday and I feel they will take it seriously, I think the winning mentality has returned. Just a shame that in cups like this they can't use the rolling subs system that they tried a few years ago with the reserves.
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
Admission fees are what they are ( no 541t Sherlock). The die hard will pay it no matter what the figure is.  The floating fan will again pay whatever the admission is on the rare occasion there is a biggie on. 

Sorry to say I think the idea Mr Cleeve has of average gates of 1000 are dreamland.  So unless he can find other revenue streams to prop up his ambitions it leaves him to find the shortfall.
Only if the club's expenditure plans are based on attendances of 1000 which they won't be.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »
Admission fees are what they are ( no 541t Sherlock). The die hard will pay it no matter what the figure is.  The floating fan will again pay whatever the admission is on the rare occasion there is a biggie on. 

Sorry to say I think the idea Mr Cleeve has of average gates of 1000 are dreamland.  So unless he can find other revenue streams to prop up his ambitions it leaves him to find the shortfall.
Only if the club's expenditure plans are based on attendances of 1000 which they won't be.

I think you will find Stan that the clubs budget is based on the projected attendance? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 05:43:19 AM »

I think you will find Stan that the clubs budget is based on the projected attendance? :dontknow:
I realise that Mallard but would they seriously project 1,000?
Businesses will sometimes have three budgets: worst case, best case and expected scenarios. I can't imagine that 1,000 falls into the expected category and it will be the expected category which will form the basis of the spending budget.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
Stan,  I'm not that clever.  In this scenario what's the difference between imagining and assuming ?