Author Topic: League cup.  (Read 2255 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
League cup.
« on: September 29, 2018, 08:04:34 PM »
With such a positive vibe at the club at the moment I expect we will see a bumper turn out for the league cup game Tuesday night? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: League cup.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »
Be good, but canít see it being a big crowd.

Would imagine thereíll be big  changes to the side and probably some reserves getting a game??

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
Be good, but canít see it being a big crowd.

Would imagine thereíll be big  changes to the side and probably some reserves getting a game??

Do you think that by Mr Cleeve mentioning a drop in price that a few more may attend,league cup is notoriusly badly attended that it will make a difference?
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 05:37:16 AM »
No way will there be a bumper crowd for such a much: was it ever thus?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
I really don't understand what the League (s) persist with these type of Competitions.  The Clubs don't want them the Players don't them and the fans don't want them.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »
No way will there be a bumper crowd for such a much: was it ever thus?

We all know that you will never draw a large crowd for these games, but by having the game sensibly price you will attract a few more fans, away fans are more likely to travel over at £8 as compared to £13. Home fans could be tempted out for the evening also, and that is a start to getting people interested again, and cheap enough to appeal to neutrals who just enjoy this level of football.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
I really don't understand what the League (s) persist with these type of Competitions.  The Clubs don't want them the Players don't them and the fans don't want them.

Extra income for clubs. There'll be clubs that are happy to wipe away losses and these games, but for a majority these type of games if you can get a home draw bring in precious money on a midweek to help with overall running costs.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »
Exactly any money coming in can only be a positive.

Be a good chance to give the new lad 90mins, plus would like to see Limb get another game under his belt too seems to be improving with every game & be good for his confidence if he can get on the score sheet again.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 03:26:14 PM »
If we only got 400 through the gate at £13 a head you'd need to get 650 in at £8 to generate the same income and I  think no matter how low you price admission that's never gonna happen at this stage of the competition.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
If we only got 400 through the gate at £13 a head you'd need to get 650 in at £8 to generate the same income and I  think no matter how low you price admission that's never gonna happen at this stage of the competition.

i don't think however it's priced they are expecting to make the same amount of income like you say at this stage in the competition. But any money made is a bonus & better having a few 100 in spending money than getting an away game? All small amounts at this stage but every little helps

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »

At the same time being a cup competition gate money is shared, so giving less away, but by attracting a few more through the gate you increase the revenue you don't share, bar and food for instance?  :cheers:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
I take your point about bar n food revenue Gris, but I still think it's dangerous financially to be slashing admission prices, the running costs on match days will be the same, probably higher taking into account the leccy for floodlights etc, it's a balancing act based on how many people would be prepared to turn out for what at end of day is a meaningless game (compared to league and money spinner of fa cup)
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »

The reason usually behind this type of thing is to attract new fans. More often than not that 400 will be a core 400 that's there most of the time, by reducing the prices you hope to attract 100+ new fans (even if overall attendance is say like 450) and that they really enjoy the game and experience. Than when league games come, they attend paying the normal higher price and in thus increasing revenue there in the long term.

Obviously if the game turns out to be a terrible 0-1 loss, it's unlikely the 'new' fans would come back reguarly.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:14 PM »
The "new" fans should come flooding back after a 4-1 victory then