Author Topic: FA Cup Saturday?  (Read 3164 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup Saturday?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »
Need another man up front with Gash, covered a lot of the pitch for a big man, let's see how we go next time out?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »
I agree about Richards and Thomas. Where will Henderson play? Is he a straight swap for Parker or can he play off Gash?

Linnet 1958

• Harry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
Agree with much written, Ashton were looking to contain and score that 1 goal. I have been a total advocate of H L, but today think we would have been better with Toby starting for HL who tired and dropped his head far too quickly after a fast start, however today's performance albeit a loss showed the improvement since SC departure that we can compete with teams a league higher and Hendo's addition will be a experienced and positive and hopefully a calming addition, but we are defo heading in the right direction now. As for SC additional additions only Jones stands out and can only get better.  :scarf: :scarf: :oldman"

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 11:10:17 PM »
Linnet1958 How about Rory McAuley of SC's "additional additions" ? He has been one of our best players so far , great in the air and always gives 100%

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 06:48:49 AM »
Under Clark.
Good aquisitions:
Rory McCauley
Aaron Jones
Potentially good acquisitions:
Nathan Stewart
Harry Limb
Struggling to make an impact:
Karen Thomas
Jordan Richards
I'd be tempted to send Limb off to a Step 4 side to prove himself and as Mallard suggests: use the funds freed up from Thomas and Richards to get another striker in.
However, some have suggested waiting to see what impact, Henderson has on the forward line. Perhaps his eye for a pass will provide Limb with better opportunities.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 09:04:19 AM »
Be interesting to see how Backie intends to use Henderson.  Donít see him
As the fox in the box type.

Think out goings need to happen before incomings, as with Clark still on the payroll it could be suggested the budget has increased with the Henderson signing.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »
Be interesting to see how Backie intends to use Henderson.  Donít see him
As the fox in the box type.

Think out goings need to happen before incomings, as with Clark still on the payroll it could be suggested the budget has increased with the Henderson signing.
Think it's more likely to be what Neil will decide to do with him

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »
I thought the goal Lynn conceded was poor. No pressure on the ball and Lynn players poorly positioned. It's not the first time that Lynn have conceded from the edge of their box this season.Everyone raving about the goal but it was down to Lynn's defending or rather lack of it at that moment.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »
Stan, arenít most goals like that.   Attacking team have it down as a great finish/piece of attacking play.  While the defending team have it down as a defensive error/or could have done a lot better.  All
Players make mistakes during 90 mins some get away with it some dont.

I think our back 5 is now settled.  Much more so than when Clark was here.  Though as I understand it he is still here, well on the payroll at least.  I thought a sort after coach like him ( lucky to get him werenít we ?) would have plenty of people after him.  Maybe he has borrowed Stephen Cleeveís offer table.

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 04:29:24 PM »
Lynn had the better of the first half and should have been a goal up. Ashton looked like their game plan was to try and contain Lynn in the first half and they succeeded. Second half Ashton pressed Lynn who couldn't get enough possession to create much. It always felt likely that Ashton, who didn't create much, would score. Lynn gave it a good go later on and had at least 3 decent chances to equalise. Gash not 100% sharp at the minute, although he had a pretty decent game. Blake-Tracy excellent. Main area that needs improvement is up front.
Gash needs better support. How much time can Limb be given to prove himself? He may have talent but he isn't really showing it. Jarvis gave the ball away quite a few times and Hawkins can also be careless with the ball at times. Hawkins does track back if he loses possession but doesn't defend well and is easily played around.

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
Stan,Gash missed two golden opportunitys to score before their goal,particularly the header and if they had been taken then I feel sure we would have won.Also Limb scored a brilliant goal last week and has potential but admitted he could improve his demeanour.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 05:08:16 PM »
Long Suffering, you are of course right about this: Lynn should have won.

Linnet 1958

• Harry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Linnet1958 How about Rory McAuley of SC's "additional additions" ? He has been one of our best players so far , great in the air and always gives 100%
You are quite right, forgot McAuley was one of Clarkes Linnet, I amend my comment to Jones and McAuley. McAuley had a great game Sat :scarf:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
I agree about Harrys attitude his head kept going down didnít seem like the same lad that played  last week

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »
You are quite right, forgot McAuley was one of Clarkes Linnet, I amend my comment to Jones and McAuley. McAuley had a great game Sat :scarf:
Thanks I like him Very consistent too