Author Topic: King or Norman  (Read 1132 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
King or Norman
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
With both these players seemingly out of favour with thier new clubs.  If we had the chanc of grabbing just one of the 2 Back which would you go with ?  Baring in mind what has been signed to replace them both.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: King or Norman
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »
I feel we miss King more than Norman at the moment, Jones is better defensively than Norman. Potentially Henderson will fill the void King has left

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »
Jones does his defensive duties ok.  He likes to get forward as well, itís that turn of pace and final delivery that lets him down.

I donít think King and Hendo are the same type of player at all.  King was all about kicking a pass and quality on the ball. Hendo is more about picking the ball up and stretching people by going at them.

King and Hendo in the same Team ? Great going forward, would need good protection in behind them.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
I can see this going down the George Thomson scenario.... Pipedreams
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »
I agree with Blue Moon, its a dream, not going to happen, lets move on and support what we have now, not what we had.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »
Jones does his defensive duties ok.  He likes to get forward as well, itís that turn of pace and final delivery that lets him down.

I donít think King and Hendo are the same type of player at all.  King was all about kicking a pass and quality on the ball. Hendo is more about picking the ball up and stretching people by going at them.

King and Hendo in the same Team ? Great going forward, would need good protection in behind them.
He didn't say they were exactly the same.Just that he would fill the void in that he is an attacking goalscoring midfielder.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
Only seen hendo play once but he impressed me so we will see what he can do in the league he took his goal very cooly

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 11:04:29 PM »
Norman, and to me itís a no contest.

King is a very good player, but Norman was so far beyond any right-back/wing-back at our level, that so often the other side didnít know what to do with him.

Running hard to the line, cutting back, close range cross, Goal. Happened 26 times last year. That kind of production from a right-back is unmatched. Never mind the 11 he scored.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:53:02 AM »
King got some decent minutes yesterday. Norman nowhere to be seen.