Author Topic: The Missing Link - Fox In The Box 🦊  (Read 3237 times)

True Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
The Missing Link - Fox In The Box 🦊
« on: October 06, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
Overall, I feel that we have a very strong squad of players ⚽️ 💪🏽

However, I’m concerned that we’re weak up front, lacking potency.

Gashy’s work rate is immense, as are his ariel and control attributes. I’m confident that a proven Fox In The Box type of player would revel playing alongside him, maximising our opportunities in front of goal.

Given the stature of our club at this level, I don’t understand why we’ve not had a reliable 20+ a goal striker for such a long time?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Missing Link - Fox In The Box 🦊
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:52:09 AM »
I think it was hoped that Limb would be the fox.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
Limb was awful yesterday, he can clearly score goals but his work rate and demeanour aren’t good.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 04:15:31 PM »
I seem to recall the Chairman said last week he had been talking to 3 clubs about players.  Henderson we got from Leiston.  I wonder if we might see more transfer action from the other 2 clubs that were being spoken too.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 06:32:12 PM »
Who has the potential to be a "Fox in the Box"  :dontknow:

Don't laugh but -

Stewart or Richards in a forward role playing off Michael Gash playing central laying off the ball like Big Jack.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 09:52:25 AM »
Stuart could do the job perhaps but if we aren’t going to use these players then perhaps we should be thinking of letting them go and bringing others in that can do the job

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »
I also think Stewart worth a try.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
Looks like we've got a new one. Welcome Adam Marriot
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »
Good move by the management team and owner, hopefully we have resolved some of our scoring issues

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:26 PM »
Good move for Marriot. Hasn't started for Boston since the end of August so a two year deal was too good to turn down.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
Sounds a cracking signing. 30 goals for Royston last season I'm baffled it hasn't worked out at Boston. Welcome aboard.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »
Good signing this one by Backie. Certainly not letting the grass grow. It seems to me with this calibra of signing that we are certainly going to go for it.  Wouldn’t surprise if there was another new face or two to follow.

Does this signing, along with that of Hendo suggest a change in formation ? 4-4-2 anyone ? Hawkins wide right, Hendo wide left.  Marriott and Gash up top ?  What you reckon Stan, am I on the money with that suggestion ?

steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
Quality signing for you, personally I would have kept him, seemed to be playing the game 2 steps higher than Boston, just didn't have the players around who were on his level, hope it works out for him.

We Are Boston

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 05:43:49 AM »
Good signing this one by Backie. Certainly not letting the grass grow. It seems to me with this calibra of signing that we are certainly going to go for it.  Wouldn’t surprise if there was another new face or two to follow.

Does this signing, along with that of Hendo suggest a change in formation ? 4-4-2 anyone ? Hawkins wide right, Hendo wide left.  Marriott and Gash up top ?  What you reckon Stan, am I on the money with that suggestion ?
The diamond is 442 so two up top is a no brainer. Culverhouse always played with two up top, regardless of formation: he either played 442 diamond or 352.
Flat 442 tends to leave sides vulnerable in the middle so can't see that being used Mallard. Hendo swapped for ( the unfortunate) Parker for me.
Exciting signing though whatever formation he plays. Two excellent signings so far from the new duo.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:38 AM »
I see it slightly different Stan.  I don't see how with the new signings that we can go with a diamond shape and use Marriott as a no10 and include Hendo and Hawkins.   I  just seeing the signing of the 2 new lads ( great signings by the way) as a signal we will play 2 up top with 2 wide. 

I get the exposure in the middle of the park and do wonder if in Jarv and Clunan we have enough in there.  So that's why I was suggesting earlier that maybe there is something else to follow.  The one problem with Hawkins playing wide is he is not a great one for tracking which could leave Jones somewhat exposed.   

Interesting to see how we line-up on Saturday.  Also with the 2 newbies coming in, what is the future for the likes of Thomas, Limb, Richards, Parker and even Hilliard.  Cant see all these remaining with us, so maybe some loan deals are in the offing.