Author Topic: Friends of the Linnets.  (Read 977 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Friends of the Linnets.
« on: October 09, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
Update from FOTL

Following the committee meeting held last night, Sue Wilson has agreed to take over as chairman on a 6 month basis.

Player of the month vote and 100 club draw will now be administered by Jamie Heaphey, so any queries regarding these please speak to him. To save costs, 100 club membership cards will no longer be issues – you will continue to have your number as previous, and a list of all membership names & numbers will be on the FOTL notice board near to the café entrance.

If anyone has not renewed or is interested in joining the 100 club it costs just £2 a month and you have the chance to win £75 or £25 EVERY month. Please contact us for details – this is a good money maker for us with all proceeds going to help all teams involved with the club.

Payments regarding the 12th man win bonus club can be given to Sue in the club shop on matchdays.

£1,400 was handed over to the club last Saturday regarding player sponsorship; there are still a couple of players left to sponsor. Again, enquire at the club shop or speak to any committee members.

We are asking for a couple more committee members to assist with the running of the supporter’s club. If you are interested, please speak to any committee member – meetings are held once a month and even if you can only offer an hour a week there is always something that can be done!

Details to follow soon with regards the annual Christmas raffle.

The supporters club last season donated around £17,500 towards the club. With £2,500 of this coming from the 12th man win bonus club.

For those who don’t know the committee members are: Sue Wilson, Jamie Heaphey, Zoe Sandle, Paul Bland, Stephen Blake, Mark Mallows, Tim Smith & Sue Cross.
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of the Linnets.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »

We are asking for a couple more committee members to assist with the running of the supporter’s club.

You going for it John?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
Griss as Chairman in 6 months ?   Would it bring the Friends and the Trust closer together ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:36 AM »
Nooooooooooo I would join the committee first and I have years of experience of being a chairman of large company’s

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »
Nooooooooooo I would join the committee first and I have years of experience of being a chairman of large company’s

Join then Malcolm, put all your experience to good use?  :oldman" :cheers:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »

Of a large company's what ? Or did you mean companies  :thanks: 
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
Both big and small

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
So are you going for it Malcolm?  :welcome:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
Thinking about it so I might

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
Thinking about it so I might

Go for it!

Don't let the grass grow under your feet!   :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
Chairman Hill has a nice ring to it.  :laughcry:   Malcolm has to be a no brainer.  If you have that kind of experience to bring to the party they should be begging you to join.  Sounds a win win situation to me.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
All baarrrr lambs... :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
Really

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
Maybe that is what is needed Malcolm, someone who has experience in business dealing with large amounts of money, should make it easy to raise funds?  :dontknow: