Author Topic: Loans out.  (Read 3369 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Loans out.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 08:09:58 AM »
Canít blame Hilliard for moving on.  He has now seen another striker coming in which would limit his chances even further.  Players want to play and maybe Toby has reached that stage where we wants to see his name in the starting 11 every week. Like I said previously, no matter how well He performed there was always a bigger name waiting to take his place. 

Toby isnít a 20 goal a season player at this level, but he would always be prepared to put a shift in and do  his work and a % of other peopleís work as well.  That should not be under estimated.

I think he will fit in well with the spirit Setch seems to have developed at Wisbech

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
Think it's a poor move allowing Hilliard to go, he probably understandably wanted the move though to get regular football after seeing two more attacking players come in. You need players like him in the team, or at least matchday squad where they give 110% regardless of game/situation. His style unsettles defences, and whilst he may not have been clinical he's always struck me as a player that's just a shade away from suddenly hitting in 20+ in a season because of his work rate to get into those positions.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »
It's (nearly) always sad to see a player leave and be replaced by a "new boy on the block".

Toby Hilliard could not be faulted for his work rate and commitment. However, players come and players go.

Best of luck to Toby and I hope he enjoys his football over at Wisbech.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 07:26:11 PM »
As much as I wanted Back and Fryatt to be given the chance to manage the Club, I think they have made their first mistake by letting Hilliard go.
It seems a bit ironic that one of their first managerial decisions involves letting a local lad go, when you take into account that their previous roles within the Club were involved with the Reserves and Youth development, which of course involves working with young local players.

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
As I understand it Hilliard has only gone to Wisbech until the end of the season.  Backie on Radio Norfolk, tonight said that if Toby does well over there then Lynn have the option to bring him back.  So Toby has the chance to get another chance at The Walks.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
Maybe Toby had a say in the decision?
He wants to be playing every week, that was not likely, given  the recent signings.
I am sure he and the management would have had a talk about it, not just "**** off Toby!".

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »
Hilliard is clearly very popular with the fans: cult status for that winner against Hereford. He's got plenty of ability and plenty of heart but I always felt that he didn't always use his head.
Keeping hold of Limb ( assuming that is the plan) shows how much he is rated by the managers. I have seen flashes of quality but he does seem to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Perhaps he is still in the doldrums following his exit from Burnley - that must be tough for a young man to deal with.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
Blue and gold , what do you class local :dontknow: kings lynn/ Norfolk and surrounding areas??? at the end of day toby as an out & out striker didn't score enough goals at this level which is paramount for a title/ promotion chasing team. rumours are abound with a possible return at the end of the season. good luck to him and wisbech as im sure at that level he will have more success and enjoyment for his game :clap:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »
I guess at the end of the day Toby wanted away, otherwise he could have gone to Spalding Stan on a short term deal.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »
And you can't blame him Mallard. He has found himself more often on the bench since the new guys took over so that will have sent a message, I Imagine.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »
Blue and gold , what do you class local :dontknow: kings lynn/ Norfolk and surrounding areas??? at the end of day toby as an out & out striker didn't score enough goals at this level which is paramount for a title/ promotion chasing team. rumours are abound with a possible return at the end of the season. good luck to him and wisbech as im sure at that level he will have more success and enjoyment for his game :clap:

Sorry Birch but I thought you needed a strong squad to win a title. Tobyís certainly good enough to fill that role.

Mallard, maybe he did want away, but thatís not what I heard. Iíd heard about Spalding g being an option, but was not something he wanted.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 12:14:41 PM »
Wish Toby well, hopefully heíll score a few goals at that level.

Wisbech a good move for him, knows the manager and several players so should settle in quickly.

Personally I believe step 4 is more of his level if he wants to be first choice striker. At the moment heís 4th choice striker at Lynn. Better for him to be playing regularly.