Author Topic: Stratford at home  (Read 2154 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Stratford at home
« on: October 13, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »
A frustrating game. Stratford put 5 in midfield and Lynn struggled to get a real hold on the game. I thought Lynn were a bit predictable and didn't really have a plan B. For me they should have switched to 352 in the second half to match up Stratford in the middle and work the wide areas much more effectively by creating  overloads and more creative combinations.
I thought Henderson had a decent game on his league debut. Really need a win away at Leiston on Tuesday to make up for these lost points.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
Re: Stratford at home
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:42:04 PM »
The only player who showed any desire was Chris Henderson. We definetly looked out if sorts. The best way to describe afternoon was watching paint dry was probably more entertaining.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
Based on a limited sample size of 1 game, I thought we looked no better as a team with Henderson and Marriot than we have the last few weeks with Parker and Limb/Hilliard. Admittedly, they need time to bed in, but Marriot didn’t instantly stand out as a goal machine, though his numbers suggest otherwise.

Whilst Henderson is also clearly talented, playing him in the same role as Parker didn’t seem to work. He seems to favour more touches and driving runs, whereas Parker tends to give and go as a forward pivot rather than a playmaker. A midfield 5 would suit Henderson better, but that would mean changing to 1 up top or 3 at the back.

In the stands, I was wondering if we’ve made the team worse by adding betterr players?

It also became clear that we have no game changers on the bench, given that we only used 1 sub when it was so clear that plan A wasn’t bearing fruit.

I hope I’m wrong.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »
When a team turns up playing 10 in defence its difficult to break down, and afraid we didn't have an answer for it. Players didnt seem to know where they were supposed to be playing.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
Stratfords first clean sheet away from home today.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »
Also our second highest gate of the season so far,just hope the bore draw hasn't put off the few that drifted back today? Would be nice to top 700 for the next home game? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »
Stratfords first clean sheet away from home today.
Stratford have drawn 4 of their 5 away games so far. They are good at playing compact away from home.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
and a goalie who takes 5mins each goal kick

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
It would have been different story if gashys shot hadn’t been cleared of the line but he should have buried it we seem to lack confidence in front of goal but it will come Iam sure off it when the two new lads have jelled in we will score the goals,I have always said you are only as good the opposition let you be and today they came with a game plan  and they stuck to it they parked the bus from the first whistle

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »
Far too much sideways passing in central midfield, we need to be hitting Henderson’s feet a lot earlier in the attack. Clunan seems to have gone off the boil in recent games.

I think Henderson and Marriott will bring a lot to the squad, Marriott looked like a out and out striker today. At home against teams like this I do think 3-5-2 may be required. I just want to see Jarvis and Clunan be more positive with the ball, to often a forward pass was on but the safe pass to the back 4 was taken, far to often when it gets to the back 4 we ended up lofting it forward more out of hope than anything else.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 08:59:38 AM »
Decent crowd, very good side on paper but.......woeful effort to say the least. Why all of a sudden do we play Hawkins in midfield  :dontknow: totally out of his depth, out on the wings can be unplayable!! As a fan of Jarvis I feel we need a change, during pre-season we used Aaron jones in that role and he looked more than competent? Time is slipping by and many more displays like that and the play-offs will be out of our reach...

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
On a brighter note it's pleasing to read in the programme that Grissles is to become Mr Positive  and not Mr Negative.  :comeon:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
On a brighter note it's pleasing to read in the programme that Grissles is to become Mr Positive  and not Mr Negative.  :comeon:

Maybe someone will have a copy I can read. :coffee:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
I've got one will bring it next match

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
I've got one will bring it next match

Thanks,I should be there,all being well. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: