Author Topic: Ground Development Fund  (Read 6182 times)

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »
The World is back to front... Its a weird place for sure.....
Make every day a Sun day.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 09:04:53 AM »
Some may have thought Cleeve would have learnt his lesson after the Culverhouse fiasco early this year.  Seeningly not.  The old I’m consulting my lawyer B/S.  Does Cleeve really think that old adage frightens people in this day and age ?  Goes his lawyer will take it on, easy money for him.  The clock is set at periods of 6 mins.  Including receiving phone calls reading emails, advice given etc £400 an hour. 

Mr Cleeve get a grip and try concentrating on the bigger picture, and stop going out of your way to find enemies. You should smooshing these people not trying to alianate them. They want to give you something for nothing.

Print that in your programme notes

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »
Lets just enjoy and support the lads, it is what it is, positive vibes please :scarf:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »
What is Mr Cleeve's issue if some of the donations to the GDF are anonymous?
A friend of mine did a sponsored walk recently raising money for war veterans with PTSD via one of the major websites (fortunately not justgiving - or as they are better-described justtaking).
He had a number of anonymous donations but the charity was very grateful for the money he raised, no questions about its origins.
Perhaps Mr Cleeve was more interested in the source of the donations so he could tap them up for some money himself.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »
It does seem strange for the owner of a club to attack 15% of  his clientele just because he can’t get his own way.  Then threaten them with legal proceedings (potentially). 

It almost makes me personally want to join the Trust and make a decent donation plus also encouraging other business associates to do the same.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 10:16:48 AM »
What has this man got between his ears 🤔was he an only child thinking he needs to go back and get his rattle 🙈 something for nothing with a purpose to help ffs man wake up or grow up please.
Only seems to like what he wants and he tells the whole story jackanory  :banghead; :red card:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 10:25:58 AM »
Could somebody post on here or quote directly from the relevant programme notes what Cleeve actually said please.
No tiresome responses like: "you should have bought a programme" please. It is hard for forum members to comment on these issues if they don't know the facts.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 10:53:52 AM »
Just to clarify: from the news article about this issue both parties agreed that the boiler needed for one of the changing rooms would be financed by the trust's GD fund but the trust won't now finance this  - at least not for at the moment-hence the dispute. Please correct me if I have my lines crossed here.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
Stan the point is the fund is for ground grading issues not maintinance issues and that’s it so I presume that the trust have said this and Mr Cleeve doesn’t like being told this ?? Read the open letter to fans?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 11:33:11 AM »
Could somebody post on here or quote directly from the relevant programme notes what Cleeve actually said please.
No tiresome responses like: "you should have bought a programme" please. It is hard for forum members to comment on these issues if they don't know the facts.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/kings-lynn-football-ground-improvements-row-boils-over-9048599/
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
Stan the point is the fund is for ground grading issues not maintinance issues and that’s it so I presume that the trust have said this and Mr Cleeve doesn’t like being told this ?? Read the open letter to fans?
OK - thanks. He doesn't help himself does he? Community and supporters goodwill are crucial to the club's success.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
I have now read the chairman's notes from the Buxton game. The key point that he makes is that the trust are raising money for ground improvements necessary to play at Step 2 but won't fund those improvements until the club achieves promotion to step 2. If the club never achieves promotion then the trust will sit on the funds raised. This does seem unreasonable at the very least and does raise questions about the legitimacy of the fund raising project per se. There are other smaller issues about who should fund the boiler and the identity of the individual or organisation donating £2,000. His main contention is not the boiler but the fact that the trust won't pay for ground improvements from the funds raised until promotion is achieved. He has a point, I reckon.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
Hurray, an unblinkered, balanced observation, very well put Stan
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:50 AM »
The trust were however quite clear that the funds would only be used following a ground grading inspection if promotion was achieved, so the contention that this fund has been established under false pretences appears unjustified.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
Why are the trust not prepared to fund these improvements until promotion is achieved? What is the rationale behind this? Would the trust be prepared to change its strategy and fund the improvements now? This would be a massive gesture of goodwill and intent from the trust. One of the parties needs to be the bigger person here and make the first move.