Author Topic: Ground Development Fund  (Read 6395 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 07:42:39 AM »
Stan how many washing machines do you have ? Maybe you keep
A new one handy for when ya old one packs up ?

As for doubting the Club will not win promotion and but the 3 promotions to match the Chairman’s ambition Is not that of a true suppporter.  I’m no Cleeve man, unlike yourself and I firmly believe with IC on board the Chairman will at least reach part of his goal. 

With that given scenario everyone should be happy.  It’s up to the Chairman to make it happen.  He has gone part of the way by getting IC back onboard.  How about Stan, to help things along you and I match fund each other for when Promotion is achieved by pledging X amount toward the Ground inprovements ?   You can set the figure.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 08:44:31 AM »
Why are the trust not prepared to fund these improvements until promotion is achieved? What is the rationale behind this? Would the trust be prepared to change its strategy and fund the improvements now? This would be a massive gesture of goodwill and intent from the trust. One of the parties needs to be the bigger person here and make the first move.

The whole purpose of the fund seems to be as a contingency against the club overreaching itself and being demoted/having promotion denied. If they were to spend it now, it would be against the very purpose of the fund.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »
I can see both sides here.
I think the Trust should say something on the lines of "If promotion is not achieved in x numbers of years then the funds, after consultation with those who contributed, could be donated to equipment that will benefit the ground".
You have to remember that the fund was set up during the summer when optimism of promotion this season was probably higher than when the boiler problem arose.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »
The following is a statement from the latest information bulletin forwarded to all Trust members:

"I have to emphasise that if KLTFC does not achieve promotion under Mr Cleeve’s reign, then those who have donated to the GDF will be consulted and their donations refunded or re-routed if that is their wish".

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 03:49:52 PM »
People need to take note that it is a ground improvement fund, not a ground maintenance fund.  :coffee:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
Stan how many washing machines do you have ? Maybe you keep
A new one handy for when ya old one packs up ?

As for doubting the Club will not win promotion and but the 3 promotions to match the Chairman’s ambition Is not that of a true suppporter.  I’m no Cleeve man, unlike yourself and I firmly believe with IC on board the Chairman will at least reach part of his goal. 

With that given scenario everyone should be happy.  It’s up to the Chairman to make it happen.  He has gone part of the way by getting IC back onboard.  How about Stan, to help things along you and I match fund each other for when Promotion is achieved by pledging X amount toward the Ground inprovements ?   You can set the figure.
I think your washing machine analogy is a fair point Mallard. If the chairman wishes to make these improvements in readiness for a possible Step 2 then he could quite easily have them done and the trust could use the funds raised to reimburse him once step 2 is achieved, although it seems that he now wants nothing to do with the trust which is a shame as it must be in the club's interest for both sides to work together.
I'm not sure what you are going on about in your second paragraph about true supporters and winning promotion but it  is typical of your posts to be ambiguous and open to interpretation: moving targets are much harder to hit after all.
I am clear about your assertion that I am a "Cleeve man." Just because I raise questions and try to clarify issues doesn't make me anyone's man anymore than you criticising Cleeve all the time makes you Phil Ellis' man. I suppose it's your way of trying to undermine what I say: if you can't attack the argument, attack the credentials of the person making them. If you throw around enough mud some of it might eventually stick.
In your final paragraph you challenge me to put money into the GD fund. I put £20 in earlier this month which by the looks of things is more than you have done.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 05:34:31 PM »
So the Trust is linking the GDF fund to Cleeve's tenure, perhaps hoping that if Cleeve goes and the club not promoted that the GDF money can be used, assuming the contributors agree, to buy the club or at least shares in the new ownership?
As long as Cleeve is still there and we are not promoted the money will sit there indefinitely and in a perverse way it is in the Trust's interest that Lynn are not promoted.

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »
Nemesis do you not read previous posts. The Agreement for the GDF is with Mr. Cleeve. If he no longer owns the club the new iwner/s may not want or need this money, hence why the Trust will return the money to the donators or ask them what they want to do with the money.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
Was reading the article in Fridays Lynn news today. I formed the impression that it was made up of snippets from the trust statement and the chairmans programme notes. Indeed I wonder if the reporter ever spoke to the Trust or Mr Cleeve on this matter. Its hard to believe Mr Cleeve would so readily make a fool of himself in the local press. But then again.  :dontknow:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2018, 09:14:19 PM »
Really?
Surely in any mention of an agreement the word "was" not "is" should be applied and all it says is that Cleeve is aware of the project.
In fact in Cleeve's programme notes it states the Trust said it was going ahead with the project regardless of Cleeve's blessing.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:47 AM »
Stan, I was suggesting that I have a full belief that Stephen Cleeve  will lead this Club to a higher level than it was when he joined.   Not a case of IF for me, more when.    Glass half full on that one.

As for me believing you to be a staunch supporter of Stephen Cleeve, yes hold my hands up on that one.  You do come across that way. If I'm wrong then you can have my full, unreserved apology.  Am I anti Cleeve, Yes and No....that's a debate for another day.   

As for Phil Ellis, Yes I have been in his company Once, maybe 8/9 years ago I think it was.   However I just see Ellis as the current Chairman of the Trust.  However he is governed by 15% of the fans of the football Club. 

Thanks for the info on your donation to the Trust, I will certainly be true to my word and match it.   Just think Stan, if you and I joined the Trust do you think we could make a difference ?  :countingmoney:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »
Well Mallard or should I say Mr Holmes? Stan exposed as Cleeve's man! The enemy in the forum's midst dragged into the open by the logical deductive reasoning of the Baker Street sleuth using a duck as an alias.
 I also believe that Cleeve will lead the club to a higher level but as his biggest supporter why wouldn't I? You won't find comments from me on here that express the contrary. In fact I've stuck my neck out on here and said I think Lynn will catch Kettering this season such is my belief in Culverhouse's ability to get the best out of a talented squad.
As to being involved with the trust, do you honestly think they would want "Cleeve's Man" involved? After all he might inject some balance into proceedings and we wouldn't want that would we?
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
Has to be the answer of No 541t Sherlock from me :laughcry: 

We will continue to agree to differ, apart from the Kettering scenario. I think we can push em close.  Just hope when they hit thier bad patch, they hit it hard.  Even if we don’t catch up we are a shoe in for the play off lottery.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 07:48:44 PM »
We dropped 38 points last season and have already dropped 20 this season, I think it’s looking like 88 points will win the league (4 less games this season) based of Kettering’s current pace, meaning we could drop 18 more points all season if 88 is the magic number.

Kettering could drop 36 to hit 88

If I’m right about 88 we aren’t catching Kettering

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 09:24:36 PM »
We dropped 38 points last season and have already dropped 20 this season, I think it’s looking like 88 points will win the league (4 less games this season) based of Kettering’s current pace, meaning we could drop 18 more points all season if 88 is the magic number.

Kettering could drop 36 to hit 88

If I’m right about 88 we aren’t catching Kettering

For me It depends how Kettering do against the better sides. So far they have only played one side in the current top 6 and they lost that. Lynn have played 4 games against the top 6 and have dropped points albeit when Clark was in charge. If Kettering beat the better sides then I will accept that they are unlikely to be caught. It will be interesting to see how they get on away to Royston this Saturday.