Author Topic: What would you do ?  (Read 3667 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: What would you do ?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 10:50:15 AM »
Hopefully all will work out this season with Backie and Neil.  However, they have the Club at heart and are prepared to move over should the right person become available.

Blue and Gold, In answer to your question.

By the bigger picture I mean there is far more to spend at the Club than just on Manager and players budgets.  The whole Infrastructure needs addressing if the Club is to fulfil the Chairman's ambitions.  We, as fans cannot expect the Chairman to keep dipping into his trousers pocket to fund everything. That has only one end, in my mind.    The Club has to find away to become self-sufficient. Other clubs seem to mange It, so why not us ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »
Hopefully all will work out this season with Backie and Neil.  However, they have the Club at heart and are prepared to move over should the right person become available.

Blue and Gold, In answer to your question.

By the bigger picture I mean there is far more to spend at the Club than just on Manager and players budgets.  The whole Infrastructure needs addressing if the Club is to fulfil the Chairman's ambitions.  We, as fans cannot expect the Chairman to keep dipping into his trousers pocket to fund everything. That has only one end, in my mind.    The Club has to find away to become self-sufficient. Other clubs seem to mange It, so why not us ?

Couldn't agree more with that Mallard.

With a visit to Buxton coming up on Saturday, would you fancy the idea of a 4g pitch at the Walks?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »
It would certainly be a massive cash cow to have a 4g pitchnat Lynn.  Used 7 days a week mornings, afternoon and evenings.  Could be the life blood of the club with the right marketing.  Then again that idea would be like teaching Stephen Cleeve to suck eggs. I would be surprised if this is not on the agenda in the short to medium term. With the grants that must available then I could see this being installed next summer.

Is Beccles that’s just had me one installed?  What is the highest level of football on whichna 4g can be used ?

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »
Why do you think that installing a 4G pitch would bring in extra income?  Go along to Lynnsport/Alive Leisure any afternoon and you will see they are not fully booked. There also might be limitations on use as the Walks is in a residential area.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
At the end of last season was Mr Cleeve not talking of hiring out the gound for stag groups for a 'match day experience' so they could play a match and celebrate in the bar after with food etc? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
Why do you think that installing a 4G pitch would bring in extra income?  Go along to Lynnsport/Alive Leisure any afternoon and you will see they are not fully booked. There also might be limitations on use as the Walks is in a residential area.

Lynnsport is probably not a very good example. IMO, very much an "open the door and see what happens" approach, which is not unusual for a Council run operation.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
National League Premier is the highest you can play with a 4g pitch. Not allowed in football league at the moment

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »
Its very interesting to see Sam Gaughran & Beever named as failure. As with all local lads Sam has always been seen as easy criticism. Toby another local to be seen as inadequate; but Gash (big money man) not prolific!!
From my good knowledge, Clarke didn't listen to either of them and obviously, his game strategy didn't work. There is an excellent squad and let off the leash have shown improved attacking/ defending qualities. Big money budget is the real concern!! Next 3 months will be interesting!!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 10:55:34 AM »
Its very interesting to see Sam Gaughran & Beever named as failure. As with all local lads Sam has always been seen as easy criticism. Toby another local to be seen as inadequate; but Gash (big money man) not prolific!!
From my good knowledge, Clarke didn't listen to either of them and obviously, his game strategy didn't work. There is an excellent squad and let off the leash have shown improved attacking/ defending qualities. Big money budget is the real concern!! Next 3 months will be interesting!!
Are you suggesting that Lynn fans are biased against local players? How does the support and respect for Ryan Fryatt and Alex Street square with your contention?

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »
Not all,but many!!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »
Clunan has been getting a bit of stick lately but he's not a Lynn local  as far as I know. Toby is popular with fans but most, reluctantly, concede that despite the occasional moment he has not really cut it at Step 3. Gaughran also struggled at this level. It may be the case that Clark didn't listen to Gaughran but as part of the failed  management trio there was no real reason to retain his services.
Your view about bias towards local players just doesn't add up.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2018, 11:47:55 AM »
Nobody liked Jack Defty. :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »
Nobody liked Jack Defty. :dontknow:
Really? I've only ever heard saintly praise for our legendary striker who appears to be the touchstone to which all subsequent strikers are compared: rarely favourably.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »
I liked Jack Defty a very good centre forward for a lot of years. Or where you being sarcastic.?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2018, 12:33:13 PM »
No sarcasm Mike. I am genuinely surprised to hear that fans didn't like him. But the main thing that I am arguing against is that local players get a hard time from the fans.