Author Topic: Buxton Tomorrow  (Read 2974 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Buxton Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »

King's Lynn Town FC
‏ @officialKLtown
Oct 27

Supporters are also advised that there will be no highlights or interviews going up after today's game with the club videographer not travelling to Derbyshire

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 06:18:56 PM »
Thatís disappointing was looking forward to see that.  Still canít expect them to do all the away games

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 10:18:33 AM »
Was Thinking, is Paul Hampson still around ?  If so maybe he could help out the guys doing the videos.  He didn't miss many games  in the all the seasons he was doing the filming.

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »
Was Thinking, is Paul Hampson still around ?  If so maybe he could help out the guys doing the videos.  He didn't miss many games  in the all the seasons he was doing the filming.

Sounds like a good solution to me!

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »
Wonder what state the pitch is in after all this rain today  - is there an inspection due this afternoon

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
Pitch is good apparently.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »
This game reminded me of the Harlow game a couple of seasons ago in that Buxton came along with a plan to stop Lynn from playing by fair means or foul.
 Buxton made life difficult for Lynn in the first half with a well drilled pressing game which gave Lynn insufficient time on the ball to get their passing game going. Buxton had pace in attack and looked more than capable of scoring which they did first to go in one up at half time. As the second half wore on Buxton tired and Lynn with a great run and back heel from Hawkins set up Marriott who from the edge if the penalty area drilled in a low shot to the bottom corner to make it 1-1 with over 30 mins still to play. Buxton tired and Lynn pressed for an equaliser. But Buxton hung on to take the game to extra time and nicked it with a late winner as penalties were looming.
Overall I thought Lynn were the better side and created enough chances to win the game but, as has been typical of their home performances this season, they can't seem to convert them. Buxton's pressing and competitive attitude was impressive in many ways but they were also fouling constantly and with a stronger ref might have ended the game with 9 men. It's a shame that a footballing side like Lynn can be stopped in this way. Refs have a duty to ensure that football can be played and not allow a cynical bunch like Buxton to get away with the amount of fouling that they did.
Lynn's defence were excellent  - what a great partnership McCauley and Fryatt have formed - and I thought most players had good games.
50 % of Hawkins play is brilliant while the other 50% is awful. I know that he made the goal and created chances but on too many occasions I saw him attempting to dribble from  positions that were too deep and lose the ball. He needs to get his head up more and keep the ball moving. He's like the Adel Taraabt of the side: exciting and frustrating in equal measure. Clunan had a disappointing game and does appear to have lost some form in recent matches.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 07:39:25 AM »
Hawks for me is the best player in this league when heís on form. But heís just so inconsistent heís decision making is painfully inconsistent and whilst his defensive performances have improved under F&B they are still a million miles away from where they should be

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 07:44:24 AM »
This game reminded me of the Harlow game a couple of seasons ago in that Buxton came along with a plan to stop Lynn from playing by fair means or foul.
 Buxton made life difficult for Lynn in the first half with a well drilled pressing game which gave Lynn insufficient time on the ball to get their passing game going. Buxton had pace in attack and looked more than capable of scoring which they did first to go in one up at half time. As the second half wore on Buxton tired and Lynn with a great run and back heel from Hawkins set up Marriott who from the edge if the penalty area drilled in a low shot to the bottom corner to make it 1-1 with over 30 mins still to play. Buxton tired and Lynn pressed for an equaliser. But Buxton hung on to take the game to extra time and nicked it with a late winner as penalties were looming.
Overall I thought Lynn were the better side and created enough chances to win the game but, as has been typical of their home performances this season, they can't seem to convert them. Buxton's pressing and competitive attitude was impressive in many ways but they were also fouling constantly and with a stronger ref might have ended the game with 9 men. It's a shame that a footballing side like Lynn can be stopped in this way. Refs have a duty to ensure that football can be played and not allow a cynical bunch like Buxton to get away with the amount of fouling that they did.
Lynn's defence were excellent  - what a great partnership McCauley and Fryatt have formed - and I thought most players had good games.
50 % of Hawkins play is brilliant while the other 50% is awful. I know that he made the goal and created chances but on too many occasions I saw him attempting to dribble from  positions that were too deep and lose the ball. He needs to get his head up more and keep the ball moving. He's like the Adel Taraabt of the side: exciting and frustrating in equal measure. Clunan had a disappointing game and does appear to have lost some form in recent matches.

Agree with most of your post but!.....You mention Lynn's defense were excellent???...Myself and all around me must have been watching a diffent game then because we thought it was at most times appalling!... AS you do say though and I agree Clunan had a disppointing game he and Javis gave the ball away so many times we lost count!....Outstanding last night was Frazer Blake..When he went on his runs he cut through Buxtons defense like butter...shame that on a few occasions his deliveries were not converted..ahh well we move on and hopefully we improve...

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
Hickathrift. What did you see that was appalling? I do recall some hesitancy and mix ups in the first half that was partly down to pressing from Buxton so maybe excellent was too positive but appalling?  I thought that the two centre backs had a great game. Where did you see the weaknesses?

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
Stan, There were too many fundemental mistakes made at the back IMO...I will however say it did improve as the game went on but this is just not my opinion. Many around me were saying the same so we cant all be wrong!

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 09:32:24 AM »
Thought Gash tried hard but was fouled every time. A stronger referee would have helped . Overall we did seem to run out of ideas.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
I respect what you say Hickathrift: fair enough. If you were behind the goal it is often easier to see these things. Perhaps my opinion was clouded by seeing Ryan Fryatt after being pole-axed by their keeper stagger back to his defensive position and immediately win a header. Fryatt is such a brave and fearless defender.