Author Topic: cup exit  (Read 1492 times)

birch95

• View Profile
cup exit
« on: November 01, 2018, 06:24:49 AM »
Another cup exit against a good outfit on the road, 277 for the attendance said it all, very disappointing....... :nilpoints:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: cup exit
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:23:08 AM »
More importantly loss of prize money,and not having a home game for almost 3 weeks,is this going to cause a strain on the budget? :bankrupt:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:35:33 AM »
Another cup exit against a good outfit on the road, 277 for the attendance said it all, very disappointing....... :nilpoints:

Buxton, when playing football, were pretty good. However, in the first half, they were more interested in fouling with tackles more designed to hit the player than the ball. Ref and nearside lino lost control early on and although the Ref finally found his pocket he could have stamped out some of the behaviour with an early booking or two. Aaron Jones was booked for a very minor challenge and was very lucky later on not to see a second yellow and red - Ref went for his pocket but I think he realised that his earlier yellow had been a bit harsh. Six or seven Buxton players saw yellow and several could have got a second yellow as well.

A big, physical team, Buxton did not deserve the win as Lynn were the better team. But, we could not score despite quite a few chances. Our strikers were not getting into the box for the cross.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 08:44:30 AM »
Don’t think Ian Culverhouse can to impressed. He made a hasty exit before the end of the game. Maybe he wanted to beat the rush.  :laughcry:

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:50:15 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.
However there was more than 277. I think its what you call a cup-crowd share-gate.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
Im afraid mike we just don't have a majority of physical players at this club, so every time we play a northern side they are prepared to mix it as all good teams do..... as you said the first half was the foundation for the win with the hefty challenges..

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »
LUFC, are you saying that Stephen Cleeve under declared the gate so as not to give Buxton what they were due. Shock horror surely not

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.
However there was more than 277. I think its what you call a cup-crowd share-gate.
LUFC, are you saying that Stephen Cleeve under declared the gate so as not to give Buxton what they were due. Shock horror surely not
277 looked about right to me. These comments about under-declaring the gate are scurrilous, unsubstantiated and a slur on the club. Anyone would think that some are keen to get the club into trouble.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.
277 looked about right to me. These comments about under-declaring the gate are scurrilous, unsubstantiated and a slur on the club. Anyone would think that some are keen to get the club into trouble.

I actually thought there were more than the figure quoted? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:27 AM »
So did I at least a hundred more

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 09:37:59 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.

Official figures given by the club or the estimate of fans standing in the dark ... ummm ... which to trust?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 09:56:14 AM »
We were victim of missing our chances yet again the one Hawks missed was woeful  Buxton will be fined for getting 6 yellows

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 09:58:06 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.

Official figures given by the club or the estimate of fans standing in the dark ... ummm ... which to trust?

Fans standing in the dark who in many instances have been going for 40+ years and can generally give quite a good estimate of crowd numbers,there was easily 50 fans behind the goal,probably 50+ in the small stand,so that would leave just 177 in the main stand? :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »
And of course, Clubs have never got it "wrong" before, have they?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 10:50:47 AM »
Crowd wasn't big.

Who indeed Stan, who indeed. Anyway after reading the Chairmans notes maybe best not use the ‘Trust’ word.