Author Topic: 2 1/2 first team games in ......  (Read 3324 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: 2 1/2 first team games in ......
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »
Wrong foot Birch  :laughcry:

As for the money situation at the Club 93, do you feel the fans should start to worry ?   

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 12:22:26 PM »
Wrong foot Birch  :laughcry:

As for the money situation at the Club 93, do you feel the fans should start to worry ?

If you mean about long term stability, not at all. Chairman is here for the right reasons and has the club at heart. Some may not like his decisions but he sticks to his guns and I truly believe will club will be in a better position than when he took over if he ever chose to leave.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
Long term 93,  What is that these days ?   Lets just deal with the short term.  If as you state we are already over budget then should the fans be worried ? As in will we see budget cuts to bring it back inline ? 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »
Long term 93,  What is that these days ?   Lets just deal with the short term.  If as you state we are already over budget then should the fans be worried ? As in will we see budget cuts to bring it back inline ?

Believe itís coming from the chairmanís back pocket, i would be shocked to see cuts.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
The chairman has said several times the budget was increased this season.Since then we have signed Marriot and Henderson so with the players released I suppose it depends how the books have balanced.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »

Believe itís coming from the chairmanís back pocket, i would be shocked to see cuts.

Not convinced we didn't see cuts a few weeks ago!  :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »
8 players out 2 players in.  Now if Hendo and Marriot are sucking up the budget of the 8 who are not currently in the squad then thatís some serious wedge those 2 are on.  Have to feel for the likes of Hawkins who is on the same level as though two but was quite happy to accept the same money as last season.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 08:27:07 AM »
Every season there appears to be people speculating about budgets. At any Club, there's obviously only a very few people who will know exactly what the state of play is regarding budgets. Most of it is just rumour and speculation.
B & G: the most sensible post on here.
 I think better communication from the club could help although some fans will use this to make a hostage to fortune of whoever states their intent. The club may prefer to keep their cards close to its chest to prevent some fans from treating whatever is said as a legal binding agreement.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
Stan, I thinkmwhat is damaging is where 93 is getting this info, or is it just billy B/S ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
Stan, I thinkmwhat is damaging is where 93 is getting this info, or is it just billy B/S ?
True enough Mallard.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 11:06:17 AM »
True enough Mallard.

What Iíve said is common knowledge at the club, not some hidden secret that Iíve leaked.  :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Is it common knowledge with the fans ? And/or press cos Iíve read nothing about budget cuts.  Maybe the club should issue a statement on it ?  Last I heard was Cleeve saying itís full stream ahead and more budget was available, not less

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »
Is it common knowledge with the fans ? And/or press cos Iíve read nothing about budget cuts.  Maybe the club should issue a statement on it ?  Last I heard was Cleeve saying itís full stream ahead and more budget was available, not less

Only mention of budget cuts is by people on here, I merely said that we are over budget on the playing staff side. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
8 players have left ( totally or out on loan) since the Clark departure and 2 players in.  93 as you seem to have all the inside info is the budget the same for Culverhouse as it was for Clark ?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:14 PM »
8 players have left ( totally or out on loan) since the Clark departure and 2 players in.  93 as you seem to have all the inside info is the budget the same for Culverhouse as it was for Clark ?

Can I ask who the 8 are I can only think of McQuaid, Stewart and Castellan on loan, I believe all were 3 month deals? Hilliard to Wisbech a permanent deal, with a view to return and Thomas because of a lack of playtime and the club have stated they didnít want to lose him.

I have no idea of the budget for either manager.