Author Topic: Barwell  (Read 2820 times)

birch95

• View Profile
Barwell
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
The season starts now with a tricky away day at midlanders barwell fc. unsure whether the management will stick with last weeks starting eleven  :dontknow: I am making the trip and hoping for a much needed three points :comeon: my prediction 2-0 with marriot and hendo on the scoresheet....safe travels for fans making the trip :bus: :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Barwell
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
Barwell have played Home games against 5 of the top 6 teams - losing 3 and drawing 2. Not a very good Home record winning only 1 against Banbury and drawing 1-1 against the bottom team.

Every chance of a win for King's Lynn but not counting chickens and I would accept the draw away from home.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »
and Matty Castelan recalled from his loan available i think

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 03:13:03 PM »
 Did Michael clunan collect his 5th yellow last Saturday. If so he will presumably be suspended. Any news on jones injury?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
Programme for today's game
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/barwell/d/documents.html?group_id=10975

Interesting line up today by the look of it, with FBT in goal and Alex on the bench!
 :laughcry:  :laughcry:  :laughcry:.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »
Plus all the officials from the Midlands.  :banghead;

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »
Outstanding effort from the entire players/staff today :thanks: not the fluent football as we are accustomed too but more grit, which will be invaluable in future games.. gash was immense with two goals and his hold up play, ably assisted by Marriott and henderson :clap: we will look back on this game as a precious win if we are to reach the play-offs. Loving the bastock affect with culverhouse, both smiling and enjoying the ride, having seen the difference since their return I am sure good things are round the corner. A mention for Jarvis who led the team impeccably, and castellan back from loan and Richards who I have not been a fan produced a stunning cross for the gash goal and is slowly gelling in the team  :clap:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »
Maybe Richards is benefitting from playing under Culverhouse rather than being tied up in knots by Clark’s ideas of over complicating things.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:20:32 AM »
Mallard, Due to my ignorance I wasn’t aware that full back is not his regular position  :banghead; looked very comfortable in a more offensive role :clap:

Linnet 1958

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »
Good Interview here with Barwells Manager.

https://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/news/114744/Jimmy-Gin

:scarf: :scarf: :clap:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 06:50:59 PM »
Good Interview here with Barwells Manager.

https://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/news/114744/Jimmy-Gin

:scarf: :scarf: :clap:
He really is a straight talker. I enjoyed the interview. Very positive about Lynn.

The highlights of the match from Linnets TV (what a great job those guys do) showed a great 2nd goal from Gash and  some poor defending from Lynn for Barwell's goal.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
Have to agree with Stan. Had the defender pinned then rolled him selling the other defender a dummy before switching to his right foot and curling in to the far corner ( keepers left). Tidy goal that for Gash.  Which Lynn defender switched off for the Barwell goal ?