Author Topic: Bedworth at home  (Read 4406 times)

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
Re: Bedworth at home
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »
Ready, Coupe, Twigger,
Not forgetting Hines on the left.

Great times!

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 10:37:58 AM »
In my time, the Lindsay and Jenkins forward line is the best I've seen.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
In More modern times  Defty and Bloomfield were a decent partnership.  Having the big man up top was more an outlet to be used when needed and not a real out and out  game plan.   That's always the temptation when you have a big man up top, as in its an easy out ball.

SamsDad

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
McNamara and Hudson for me!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
I have always thought Gash does his best work in line with the central third but as soon as he comes out wide or drops deep he is a lot less effective.  Somehow IC has to set the team up to build on his strengths which probably means finding other people in those spaces - Henderson got MotM Saturday but goes missing too much for my liking and I still remain to be convinced that we can afford both him and Hawkins in the same 11.  Both seem like luxuries when we don't have the ball or it isn't coming off for them, accept that both can turn a game on their day but is that putting too much pressure on those around them when it isn't their day? 

Still think we have the bones of a really good side at this level but we have to show a bit (lot) more than we did on Saturday when the passing game went out of the window after 20 minutes and we looked all the poorer for it, then as the crowd got anxious players stop looking to play the easy ball and panic.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
I agree what you say about Gash coming too deep or wide as it leaves Marriott on his own. The side is not set up to get the most from Marriott currently.

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 07:07:41 PM »
In More modern times  Defty and Bloomfield were a decent partnership.  Having the big man up top was more an outlet to be used when needed and not a real out and out  game plan.   That's always the temptation when you have a big man up top, as in its an easy out ball.
Defty and Nolan was more fruitful goal wise and won us promotion.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »
The only two players willing to take the ball into the box are Hawkins and Blake-Tracy. However, they need backing up by someone coming up behind them to support and two in the box to receive the cross. The other wing needs to be ready to receive the over-hit ball or clearance.

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »
The only two players willing to take the ball into the box are Hawkins and Blake-Tracy. However, they need backing up by someone coming up behind them to support and two in the box to receive the cross. The other wing needs to be ready to receive the over-hit ball or clearance.

I have always thought we were lacking in covering the overhit balls?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
Mike there is one simple answer to the lack of wide players who aren’t up in support To collect those hover hit balls.  Get the wide players to deliver accurate crosses.  Have to aim to hit the 2nd 6 yard box.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 05:39:46 PM »

Bedworth's goal was from a long throw that squirted out and fell for a player waiting on the far side and ........... GOAL! - Simples!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
Kettering 4 - Redditch 4. Kettering drop 2points.

However, King's Lynn dropped 2points against a team they should have beaten.

Thank you Redditch for covering up our howler - it could have been worse, Kettering could have won and we could have lost.  :dontknow:

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »

Bedworth's goal was from a long throw that squirted out and fell for a player waiting on the far side and ........... GOAL! - Simples!
That wasn't over hit.It was in the box.As stated,if the crosses are accurate then you don't need someone waiting for a poorly over hit cross.