Author Topic: 3 Points  (Read 1096 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
3 Points
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:45:47 AM »
 :farmer: Many people are hoping for a comprehensive victory today, I am no different and hope we can score a good few goals and hopefully not conceding any, however, today is a day where we really must focus on the 3 points first and foremost. These games against bottom of the league teams can very often be banana skin games, taken as a win before entering the pitch. I do believe that Mr. Culverhouse will not allow any of his squad to underestimate our opponents,whether top or bottom of the league.  As I said 3 points is the most important thing today, keeping the pressure on teams above us. Those teams above must be looking at our form over the last 6 weeks.  :oldman"

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Points
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
:farmer: Many people are hoping for a comprehensive victory today, I am no different and hope we can score a good few goals and hopefully not conceding any, however, today is a day where we really must focus on the 3 points first and foremost. These games against bottom of the league teams can very often be banana skin games, taken as a win before entering the pitch. I do believe that Mr. Culverhouse will not allow any of his squad to underestimate our opponents,whether top or bottom of the league.  As I said 3 points is the most important thing today, keeping the pressure on teams above us. Those teams above must be looking at our form over the last 6 weeks.  :oldman"
Wise words.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »
Maybe have to win ugly as Ian Culverhouse would say!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »
 :oldman" Well this did indeed turn out to be the proverbial banana skin game, we have come away with 1 point , which is indeed better than none, onwards and upwards,many more twists and turns to come in the next few weeks.   :farmer: