Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 3689 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Kettering
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
So 6 from 6 over Christmas but guessing Saturday will be a much sterner test, that said IC couldn't wish for a better time to face Kettering with the team on a great run, a striker on the back of a hatrick and all the front players all getting a run out and playing less than 90 minutes in midweek.  A win would take us within 10 of Kettering at the half way mark of the season which is still a big ask but still think IC is a huge factor and with him at the helm its certainly doable, just still worry that the squad depth could be the deciding factor on the run in and we could still do with an extra body or two.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »
I feel we have got what it takes to turn Kettering over,and if we do then 10 point lead is not insurmountable. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
If we are to have any chance of winning this league then we have to win on Saturday: a 10 point gap could be closed a 16 point gap:no chance. Kettering can't afford to drop points as Stourbridge are breathing down their necks.
This is such an important game in terms of the final outcomes for the end of the season.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
If we are to have any chance of winning this league then we have to win on Saturday: a 10 point gap could be closed a 16 point gap:no chance. Kettering can't afford to drop points as Stourbridge are breathing down their necks.
This is such an important game in terms of the final outcomes for the end of the season.

Did we not run down Coalvilles 18 point lead to clinch a league title? Keep the faith. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »

Did we not run down Coalvilles 18 point lead to clinch a league title? Keep the faith. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
That is true Griss and this was a point that I myself raised on this very forum and most scoffed at the idea. As you don't rate Kettering I imagine that you may well have faith that Lynn can close a 16 point gap. Having seen Kettering play recently I think they are well-organised and disciplined enough to hold on to a 16 point lead. Lynn are a better team on their day but Kettering better at picking up points thus far.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
When we ran down Coalville we had a fixed target that fell apart. This time around we have both Kettering and Stourbridge to aim at.  Hoping that both will falter.  We beat Kettering, a Stourbridge victory would leave the later 8 points ahead from 3 games more.

Could all get interesting

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Saturday will be interesting. A chance for us to make up points against Kettering and Stourbridge have a fixture vs in-form Stratford. We could start the new year very much on the chase.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »
Last time people on here were saying about catching kettering & stourbridge we went & drew 3 in a row then it seemed impossible again, funny how it's turned & everyone's back on the hype, just shows its a long season. I wouldn't like to say whether it's possible or not through fear of jinxing us again for the kettering game.

I will say though Kettering's last two away games;
Lost 4-1 to Banbury
Won 2-1 Bedworth (Bottom of the league)
& only a couple of weeks before those lost 0-3 at home to st ives so definitely seems the right time to be playing them!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »
We played two at the back and wing-backs roaming freely for most of the game against Lowestoft but we were bossing the game.

Against Kettering, I feel that set-up will leave us exposed.

Hawkins should start to run Kettering ragged and get into the box where anything can happen - hope Michael Clunan has his shooting boots handy!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 01:54:40 PM »
I recall Tinpot Angels being about 20 points ahead of us before we win that league as well.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »
I reckon there will be 1,000 there and Lynn to win 2-1.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
I reckon there will be 1,000 there and Lynn to win 2-1.

Agreed Stan, over 1000 for me also.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
Looking at the next 5 games for the top two their are definite slip ups awaiting hopefully, but for us it makes tomorrow v Kettering an absolute huge game an nothing but three points if we have hopes of automatic promotion. My only concern is down our right side defensively:dontknow: A large crowd is being anticipated around 1000, After boxing days result/performance I cannot wait :comeon: :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
As Aaron Jones is out injured young Jordan Richards will fill in. However, we will need at least 3 at the back and therefore Ryan Hawkins will be needed on the right wing - Richards did a great job against Lowestoft as a wing-back but our defence need 3 against Kettering.

My Team:

Street
Richards - Fryatt - McAuley
Hawkins, Jarvis, Clunan, Blake-Tracey
Henderson
Marriott, Gash

Subs, Limb, Parker, Bastock, Castellan, Clarke

My view is we need a settled team, so that is why Limb and Clarke are not starting.

2-0 win with 1150 attendance.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 08:12:20 PM »
From Kettering website:

POPPIES TV (audio) hope to broadcast the game LIVE, (free), the link you need is…

www.youtube.com/poppiesmedia