Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 4255 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
Great service this is for Kettering fans.  Are the lads doing the filming and after match interviews still onboard ?  Not seen anything lately.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 09:43:40 PM »
http://patgodonline.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-holtzman-effect.html?m=1
An interesting take on Kettering's stuttering form of late.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 05:41:15 PM »
As a linnet through and through I can't believe we can only have 3 subs on the bench for a massive game like this. On top of that we let 2 players go. Can someone shed some light on this? and should we be concerned about the financial situation. I should hate to think that the great job that IC is doing could come to nought. :banghead;

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »
Maybe it would be in the remit of both Mark Hearle and Rob Back ( in his role as Director of Football ) to give some kind of insight into what is going on.  As in why loan a player out, with a thread bare squad and why with a new player it is now you see mr now you donít. Surely Ian Culverhouse canít find the situation with Clark as acceptable.  Really doesnít look good.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »
Fair result. Kettering stopped Lynn from playing first half. Kettering pressed well and prevented Lynn from developing anything. Second half was an improvement from Lynn's perspective. Much more dangerous because of better use of wide areas but Kettering still coped well enough. A draw will suit Kettering more than Lynn. The attendance was impressive: an average of 1,000 over the two Christmas games is not to be sniffed at. I brought some work colleagues along for their 1st game and they said they will definitely be back.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 06:18:10 PM »
 :scarf:Certainly not a better side than Lynn and can consider themselves very lucky to go away with a point today.
Last game of the season shades of Long Buckby I hope not. If Lynn are not promoted after seeing them today it
will be a travesty of justice.   :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »

As a linnet through and through I can't believe we can only have 3 subs on the bench for a massive game like this. On top of that we let 2 players go. Can someone shed some light on this? and should we be concerned about the financial situation. I should hate to think that the great job that IC is doing could come to nought. :banghead;

Maybe it would be in the remit of both Mark Hearle and Rob Back ( in his role as Director of Football ) to give some kind of insight into what is going on.  As in why loan a player out, with a thread bare squad and why with a new player it is now you see mr now you donít. Surely Ian Culverhouse canít find the situation with Clark as acceptable.  Really doesnít look good.

Have to agree. So many people appear to think its strange. Be good to hear from Backie as I would presume he's involved with such decisions whereas Mark Hearle is only able to report on the information supplied to him.

Nice to see so many supporters turn out to watch the game today.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »

Have to agree. So many people appear to think its strange. Be good to hear from Backie as I would presume he's involved with such decisions whereas Mark Hearle is only able to report on the information supplied to him.

Nice to see so many supporters turn out to watch the game today.
Communication is key. The chairman has cleared up the attendance and ticket prices issue and we be good to have clarification about the squad situation.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »
:scarf:Certainly not a better side than Lynn and can consider themselves very lucky to go away with a point today.
Last game of the season shades of Long Buckby I hope not. If Lynn are not promoted after seeing them today it
will be a travesty of justice.   :scarf:

Didn't think Kettering were lucky, unless you think getting into the ref's ear for the first 10mins and then getting every 50/50 decision for the rest of the half.  Lynn played better in the second half but never troubled the keeper in the whole 90mins and with Kettering only creating a couple of half chances in the first half a draw seemed a fair result.  Certainly helps Kettering more than Lynn and it would take a major turnaround for them not to get the automatic promotion spot now.

Linnet 1958

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »
It does seem very odd HL going out on loan and JF signing for Downham leaving us so thin, but suspect this is a calculated move by IC & SC and I am pretty confident of an announcement of an incoming face or indeed faces early in January - at least hope so.
Arron Jones appearance today was also a closely guarded surprise after all the talk of him being out till March with his knee injury, had we still had Toby Hilliard on the bench today to come on for the last 15 mins, might also have taken the 3 points.
Lets wait and see!  :oldman" :scarf: :scarf: :clap:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 07:19:14 PM »
It does seem very odd HL going out on loan and JF signing for Downham leaving us so thin, but suspect this is a calculated move by IC & SC and I am pretty confident of an announcement of an incoming face or indeed faces early in January - at least hope so.
Arron Jones appearance today was also a closely guarded surprise after all the talk of him being out till March with his knee injury, had we still had Toby Hilliard on the bench today to come on for the last 15 mins, might also have taken the 3 points.
Lets wait and see!  :oldman" :scarf: :scarf: :clap:
There's bound to be some positive reasons for this. Better communication would prevent all the doom mongering.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »
With a fully staffed media department and a Director of Football, who has no time consuming team managing duties now you would hope that communication with the paying public should not be such an issue.

Head of media seemed to have plenty of time to discuss the Chairmanís sonís birthday party in March and post it on Social Media.  Riveting.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »
Would it be possible to post the Chairmans notes?  :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
This was really a game of two halves.

Kettering bossed the first 45mins and Lynn had no real answer albeit we did counter-attack but no real threat.

Ian Culverhouse must have made some observations during the half-time talk and I was very surprised to see Aaron Jones sprint onto the pitch as a second half substitute. taking off Craig Parker allowed Jordan Richards a chance to really attack up the wing. Hawkins coming on to replace him was (to my mind) too early.

FBT was a marked man and not nearly as effective as on Boxing Day but did well. This turned into a physical contest during period during the 2nd half and things could have turned nasty. Ref was pretty fair and clamped down with a couple of bookings and chats - took the heat out of what could have been a boiler-room situation. One Kettering tackle could easily have been a  :red card:.

We had to be alert during the 2nd 45mins as we pressed forward and dominated the game. A couple of Kettering subs were dangerous but we contained them. As the game drew to it's close Kettering were showing signs of being happy with the draw - maybe the Stourbridge 0-0 allowed them to accept the 1point.

I am confused with the Charlie Clarke situation - where is he  :dontknow:

The loaning of Harry Limb and Jack Frohawk maybe the space needed for another player to come in - Higgs from Lowestoft  :dontknow: we were told he was released after Friendlies but we were keeping an eye on him. Lowestoft's season is all but finished and he might like to return. Any injury to Michael Clunan, Ryan Jarvis or Craig Parker and Chris Henderson needs cover. He could also cover a striker role.

All in All, 4points so far over the Christmas/New Year period is fair - an extra 3 against Needham Market on New Year's Day will be welcome.

:scarf: :scarf:  :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:  :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
Would it be possible to post the Chairmans notes?  :dontknow:

Buy a Programme - Cheap Skate  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.