Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 3271 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »
Would it be possible to post the Chairmans notes?  :dontknow:

Buy a Programme - Cheap Skate  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Didn't attend today, was Christmas Day for me today with my girls, Christmas dinner and all the bits, as I was at work over Christmas.  :cheers:
It sure is nice when your propaganda machine is so dumb that it basically runs itself. Who needs reasons or explanations when your sheeple are happy to lie around bleating the latest soundbite?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »
I’ve stopped buying one.  Bad enough reading Cleeve’s ramblings without paying money for it.  It seems more and more clubs are doing programmes as a PDF online.  Is it something FOTL have considered ?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 09:43:08 PM »
I thought Jarvis, by his standards, had a poor game today: too many passes going astray and very little impact. Kettering's pressing game had a large part to play in this. Kettering know how to squeeze points out of games. You can see why they are top of the league. They are not an exciting side but neither were Hereford last season.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2018, 11:11:26 PM »
Thought Kettering were the best side Lynn have come against this season. Worked as a team had great shape and the two wide men meant they were a real threat at all times. However we were the better team in the second half and if we had lined up like we did in the second half all game we may wellhave won that.

Still don’t see us winning the league at this half way point of the season, can’t see Kettering dropping enough points and this unbeaten streak won’t last forever.

Don’t get why people want to be kept in the loop about the clubs transfer policy and why we haven’t signed anyone, revealing this details will only allow other clubs to have a upper hand on us.

It’s clear from Culverhouse’ interview that we can expect 1 or 2 faces come in if the right deals can be had.

Good to see Limb score today, although I don’t anticipate he will be with us next year.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 06:12:15 AM »
Many things to add, Hilliard has gone for a reason “not good enough”....Richards was a proverbial “rabbit in the headlights “ #awful.....Kettering were very impressive, came for a point but...solid and a constant threat on the counter attack....hats off to the crowd with a superb turnout and atmosphere  :clap: possibility of more information from our director of football concerning ins & outs :dontknow: other than that an enjoyable day only spoiled by one point taken :scarf:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2018, 06:28:05 AM »
Thought Kettering were the best side Lynn have come against this season. Worked as a team had great shape and the two wide men meant they were a real threat at all times. However we were the better team in the second half and if we had lined up like we did in the second half all game we may wellhave won that.

Still don’t see us winning the league at this half way point of the season, can’t see Kettering dropping enough points and this unbeaten streak won’t last forever.

Don’t get why people want to be kept in the loop about the clubs transfer policy and why we haven’t signed anyone, revealing this details will only allow other clubs to have a upper hand on us.

It’s clear from Culverhouse’ interview that we can expect 1 or 2 faces come in if the right deals can be had.

Good to see Limb score today, although I don’t anticipate he will be with us next year.

Fair summary of the game. With regard to the squad issues it seems to me that some are only happy when moaning about something or other. This club can do no right for some it would appear.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »
Coming from your previous post concerning Ryan Jarvis  :laughcry: :dontknow:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »
Coming from your previous post concerning Ryan Jarvis  :laughcry: :dontknow:
I was referring to the moaning about issues to do with the way the club is managed like the nonsense about attendance and now the doom mongering about the squad and club finances.
Observing that Ryan Jarvis wasn't at his best is hardly moaning but digging up the non- match related issues that I have mentioned above straight after a game most certainly is. As I say, some are continually looking to knock the club for something or other. Presumably you are one of them Birch. I

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »
Many things to add, Hilliard has gone for a reason “not good enough”....Richards was a proverbial “rabbit in the headlights “ #awful.....Kettering were very impressive, came for a point but...solid and a constant threat on the counter attack....hats off to the crowd with a superb turnout and atmosphere  :clap: possibility of more information from our director of football concerning ins & outs :dontknow: other than that an enjoyable day only spoiled by one point taken :scarf:

Richard's #awful  :dontknow:

For a player playing out of his normal position at right back/wing back he was being asked too much of. He is a midfielder not a natural right back and is/was substituting for Aaron Jones in that position. Jordan Richard's did well in our two other Christmas period game and his crosses led to several goals.

Get Off His Back  :banghead;
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »
Stan is it not a match related issue to discuss the fact that we only had three subscribers on the bench? If you take into account that Bastock is on the bench anyways that drops it to two, what would the scenario have been if he had to come on, what position would he have played?  Have to say excellent attendance, well done everyone, keep it up.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
It sure is nice when your propaganda machine is so dumb that it basically runs itself. Who needs reasons or explanations when your sheeple are happy to lie around bleating the latest soundbite?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Stan is it not a match related issue to discuss the fact that we only had three subscribers on the bench? If you take into account that Bastock is on the bench anyways that drops it to two, what would the scenario have been if he had to come on, what position would he have played?  Have to say excellent attendance, well done everyone, keep it up.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No it's not: squad size is about funding and funding is about club management.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 12:43:51 PM »

Just a quick note, we had three outfield subs on the bench yesterday - Jones, Hawkins and Castellan, one of whom remained unused but we could have easily swapped personnel around to have brought Matty on by moving Jones (and potentially Hawkins) forward had there been an injury to a non-defensive player.  I thought I saw Clarke out on the pitch during the warm up (stand to be corrected) so not sure when his injury was diagnosed.  Yes the squad is thin but no point having extra bodies, who are not up to step 3, on the bench just to remain unused subs every week

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »

So are fans not allowed to discuss such issues Stan? Perhaps you could do us all a huge favour, as you obviously have the inside track due to your connection with the club management, could you provide us all with a list of what we can discuss, and a list of no go areas?  I'm sure we would all appreciate this, and it would negate the need for you to jump on the defense at every other comment?  Nobody wants to know the exact financial position of the club, they just want to know the club is safe!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 01:00:21 PM »

Laughable comment Stan.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »

Laughable comment Stan.
Why's that Jesus?