Author Topic: New Year’s Day  (Read 741 times)

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
New Year’s Day
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:19:56 AM »
1.street.   
2.jones
3.blake-Tracy
4.fryatt
5.mcAuley

7.clunan
6.jarvis
8.henderson
11.hawkins

9.gash
10.marriott
Hopefully with this line-up tomorrow, having seen needham once this season at home I expect a stern test on there own patch, but we have momentum in our favour (15 unbeaten?}  :bus: see you all there :scarf:......

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: New Year’s Day
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
Big one to ask Jones to go again with his knee. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Castellan start in a 3/5 at the back with Richards and FBT as wing backs. In a 5-3-2 formation.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:18:31 AM »
More in hope than expectation mallard :mystic:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
I'll be there. Looking forward to it. It will be a tough ask for Lynn to go again. Be highly impressive if they come away with another 3 points

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »
I would go with Mallard's formation and personnel although he doesn't reveal who his third midfielder is, I would give Hendo a rest and allow Hawkins a free role (I still don't think we get the best out of either of these two when the other is on the field but that's a personal opinion) and would prefer Richards providing the width anyway.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »
Sorry Tony I would have to go with Hendo as the 3rd one.  Just thibk he copes with the physical side a little better than Hawkins.  Plus Hawkins can go missing at times. Hendo for commitment to the cause but Hawkins for the more skilful approach going forward, and he must be do a penalty sometime soon.  6 of one and half a dozen of the other, but Hendo for me keeping ones poweder dry with Hawkins if we need to chase the game...  Just wish sometimes we had a big nasty central midfielder to call upon at times.   

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »
Sorry Tony I would have to go with Hendo as the 3rd one.  Just thibk he copes with the physical side a little better than Hawkins.  Plus Hawkins can go missing at times. Hendo for commitment to the cause but Hawkins for the more skilful approach going forward, and he must be do a penalty sometime soon.  6 of one and half a dozen of the other, but Hendo for me keeping ones poweder dry with Hawkins if we need to chase the game...  Just wish sometimes we had a big nasty central midfielder to call upon at times.

When was the last time we had one of those?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »

Fair point and something IC has spoken about in the past, can't remember the quote but something along the lines of great for the first couple of games IC was back then 'off the pace' or something similar.  I just think Hendo can sometimes drop a bit deep (and stay there) as he did too often vs Kettering which leaves defenders, Jarvis & Clunan with limited options and frustrations, at least Hawkins provides a bit more forward movement, particularly when not stuck out on the touchline.

Totally agree with the central midfielder comment but I think we have lacked that for a season and a half and done alright which I guess why IC is in the position he is and why I watch from the terraces!  The worry for me is that Saturday pretty much confirmed we are fighting for a playoff spot which many think should be achievable by IC with the current squad so will SC be quite so willing to fund any additional squad members now?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
100% Tony that’s why I’m sitting in the stands.  People can should thier views and opinions on here and come across as though they have all the answers but in truth not one of can hold a candle to Culverhouse in terms of knowledge of the game. Still nice to chat about it, Express an opinion and pretend we know what we are talking about.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 02:51:49 PM »
Griss.... I guess the last ‘competitive’ midfielder we had was Quigley ‘Bingo’, now on his day he liked a tackle.  :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
Griss.... I guess the last ‘competitive’ midfielder we had was Quigley ‘Bingo’, now on his day he liked a tackle.  :laughcry:

Always ready to stick a tackle in, just a shame he let himself down off the pitch.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Ohh for Dan quiqley alongside Chris henderson #dreams