Author Topic: New Year, new beginnings  (Read 1496 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
New Year, new beginnings
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
 :farmer: Great win today by a totally committed squad of players, 4 first half goals just blew them boys from Suffolk away. It is obvious for all too see we are short on numbers in the squad, having let players leave on loan or permanently. I have faith in Ian and Mr Cleeve, I am sure Ian has some irons in the fire 🔥 and Mr Cleeve will back him again as he did last season. Let's stop the backbiting and get down to the Walks in numbers and support this squad, interesting times ahead and who knows what will happen before the end of April. COYL.  :oldman"

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: New Year, new beginnings
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:57:18 PM »
Totally agree. I have speculated about Lowestoft's Higgs who trialled for us pre-season.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet 1958

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:34:40 PM »
:farmer: Great win today by a totally committed squad of players, 4 first half goals just blew them boys from Suffolk away. It is obvious for all too see we are short on numbers in the squad, having let players leave on loan or permanently. I have faith in Ian and Mr Cleeve, I am sure Ian has some irons in the fire 🔥 and Mr Cleeve will back him again as he did last season. Let's stop the backbiting and get down to the Walks in numbers and support this squad, interesting times ahead and who knows what will happen before the end of April. COYL.  :oldman"
Here, Here.
Hopefully todays results will go in our favour too, to reduce the gap at the top and send a clear message - 18 unbeaten.  :scarf: :scarf: :clap:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »

Here, Here.
Hopefully todays results will go in our favour too, to reduce the gap at the top and send a clear message - 18 unbeaten.  :scarf: :scarf: :clap:

:farmer: A little while to go but scores looking good for KLTFC at this moment

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »
Lynn were superb today couldnít fault a single player in the first half. Hoping Richards injury isnít to bad, Aaron Jones goes back to the DR on Friday so if they decide to operate we will need another body potentially.

Thought there number 2 would be a decent addition to the squad.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 05:01:17 PM »
 For one who made the trip, what an excellent Performance from the team especially the first 45 minutes  :clap: Full Credit to the players, management, and chairman for an unexpected demonstration of the beautiful game :clap: Having seen needham at home previously this was a brilliant away win...only negative the squad is in desperate need of possibly two more additions to carry on in case of injury :dontknow:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
The first half reminded me of the first half against Leiston. Lynn's movement in the final third was the best that will see at this level. Assuming that Lynn make the play offs, they might prefer an away draw.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
 :farmer: I was sorry to see Kettering scored an injury time winner as we could have moved 2 points closer in our pursuit of them, however the result also saw us open a small gap between ourselves and the teams below, Rushden being one of those teams. I believe Kettering can be caught but they have a habit of grinding out results, I do believe Stourbridge can be overhauled, both teams have dropped points lately and we are in fine form so lets keep putting the pressure on and see if they crack.  :oldman"

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 04:46:21 PM »
We are clearly going great at the moment. But we only have a small squad ! We can just about get 3 or 4 on the bench !
If we have any serious injuries or suspensions, we would be in trouble ! Where do we need cover ?? Possibly a striker and a midfielder (defencive or attacking). The confidence is sky high in the players -lets keep it going !

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 04:53:00 PM »
We are clearly going great at the moment. But we only have a small squad ! We can just about get 3 or 4 on the bench !
If we have any serious injuries or suspensions, we would be in trouble ! Where do we need cover ?? Possibly a striker and a midfielder (defencive or attacking). The confidence is sky high in the players -lets keep it going !

Culverhouse hinted at 2 coming in after the Needham Market game.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 07:46:56 AM »
 :farmer: As I said, I am sure Ian had irons in the fire and he did, hopefully 1or 2 more players to follow. Credit to Mr Cleeve  for funding this, he gets lots of bad press, and sometimes I don't agree with the views he has, but he has in general backed our manager where he could. The past is the past and let's head into the new year all united behind the squad.