Author Topic: Jaded Lynn  (Read 1242 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Jaded Lynn
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:43:56 AM »
I am interested in the opinion of other fans to what the think about Lynn looking a tired side. Jarvis, Fryatt, and Gash look dead on their feet, they do a lot of work, but sometimes they look like they are not fit. Sometimes this leads to negative tactics, easy passes back etc, rather than a probing pass. Gash (bless him) is all over the park, which he should not have to do, stay close to Marriot, who also gets through the work. Clunan is another who is often out of the game for long periods, often looks tired, but has the energy to argue with the ref. I don't know what Blake Tracy is on ,but he should give it to those mentioned, (great season)  I would value other fans opinions on this.   

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Jaded Lynn
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
Tired :dontknow: it is down to the game plan of the opposition on a few of the players mentioned..Fraser blaketracey being the exception alongside Marriott. Aaron Jones has been a huge loss to the side as yesterday’s example. Looking fragile at the back until Jones came on....then the alomo siege.....perhaps a week away in Dubai warm weather training with man Utd is what is asked for :laughcry: 

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »
Exactly Mac Can't argue with much of that Most of it spot on but I thought Fryatt was amongst our better players yesterday.
Think it could be the last season for Jarvis I think he is beginning to show signs of age and a long hard working career Had a great season last year but not as good this one.
I believe Clunan has been found out a bit at this level and again the easy back pass is normal for many
We even said yesterday FBT has strong claims for Player of the Year already

wixy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:51:25 AM »
In agreement re feeling tired. We have a small squad that is being worked on, our new recruit for yesterday looks a very good addition and IC said in his interview they are searching for a right fullback.
As for who we have now, Frazer unbelievable the other defenders satisfactory.
We are missing Henderson dont know how long he will be out, fingers crossed not long.
We now arrive at our Captain. Where I sit in the stand yesterdays comments were new man a good buy and what does Clunan bring to the party.He usualy passes which ever way he is faceing make more bad passes than anyone else in the team and wants to take every free kick and corner we are awarded and usually not very good. It was noticeable in the second half he was doing a lot less so maybe was told to leave it to others.
When he is playing at his best he is pretty good, I just wonder if he thinks as the Captain he is Number 1 on the sheet. When we have every one fit and well a spell as sub might do him good.
No match this week will enable all the players to take a breather and be ready for Saturday by which time we may have another addition.
COYL

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:44:51 AM »
5 games in 14 days was probably a factor in yesterday's, at times, sluggish performance. The midfield have to do a lot of work and Jarvis and Clunan in particular are probably more knackered than most. I wouldn't read any more into the situation than that.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »
Think it’s a bit unfair to pick out individuals after the run of games we have had recently. The likes of Clunan and Jarvis (engine room) have been asked to go again, every game.  With a small squad we have to accept that players energy levels are going to drop.

New lad in this week and rumoured another in shortly should lessen the load.  Though I think we could do with Right sided defender/wing back and also someone to share the load in the middle of the park. (Cameron King?)

Decent gate for the first week of January.

One thing that does surprise me is that a higher level Club haven’t come in for FBT yet.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
There were some tired legs yesterday and we do need more depth in the squad to allow substitutions. I think Hendo would have been used if he had been fit.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 05:46:08 PM »
Exactly Mac Can't argue with much of that Most of it spot on but I thought Fryatt was amongst our better players yesterday.
Think it could be the last season for Jarvis I think he is beginning to show signs of age and a long hard working career Had a great season last year but not as good this one.
I believe Clunan has been found out a bit at this level and again the easy back pass is normal for many
We even said yesterday FBT has strong claims for Player of the Year already
I disagree.Thought our back four were far to easily bypassed yesterday with long straight balls.I also think Jarvis has been outstanding over the Xmas period and looks after the ball so well.Last season everyone was saying Clunan was badly missed in the play off final,now he's found out at this level.I wonder about some people.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »
You're entitled to disagree LSL Its all about opinion.
I am not the only one , he is called "clueless", by others  in the part of the stand where I sit.
Last season is last season He's not doing it this year

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 09:48:35 PM »
I do feel Clunan has been very inconsistent this year, against Needham he was class but Leiston he was missing. It’s a shame we have had so many issues with injuries and squad depth, my understanding is that Jordan Richards has been brought in to support Clunan/Jarvis but unfortunately this hasn’t happened.

I thought it was good to see Clunan off set pieces but the others who had a go were just as poor, an aspect we are sorely missing from last year Fryatt and Ward got a lot of key goals from dangerous set pieces.

On the ‘we would of beat Slough with him’ I agree I think we would have, in my opinion he’s our fittest player and puts a lot of leg work in, something we sorely missed that day.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 02:00:12 AM »
You only know how good a player is when he has a bad game,that is what people notice,nobody mentions the good games. On the plus side it was good to see that so soon after Christmas the attendance was over the 700 mark,and we have a player who has reached double figures in goals scored. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
Frazer Blake-Tracey is easily player of the season so far, for me.
Works tirelessly, defends pretty well, gets forward to support at every opportunity and links up well with others.

Clunan.......as others have said, it's a shame to single individuals out and I know I'm often moaning about him, but as Wixy said, "What does he bring to the party"
He misplaces more passes than anyone else - I'm happy with him passing backwards and retaining possession rather than all the glamorous "Hollywood" passes he attempts.
I wasn't there Saturday, but was at Kettering, Needham and will be at Royston this week, so it's interesting to hear that he wasn't taking all set-pieces as usually his deliveries are somewhat lacking.

I personally think Clunan's problem is he isn't as good as HE thinks he is - of course he's a decent player to be playing at this level, but surely if he was as great as he thinks he is, other clubs would have tried to sign him??

Back on thread, a week's rest should hopefully do the squad the world of good and lets push on for the second half of the season.

After the first four games, I'm sure we'd all have snapped up the chance of being third in the league at the start of the new year!!

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
Once again goals, eight already this season and a regular 12plus every season :dontknow: :clap:

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 05:18:40 PM »
You're entitled to disagree LSL Its all about opinion.
I am not the only one , he is called "clueless", by others  in the part of the stand where I sit.
Last season is last season He's not doing it this year
He may be not doing it as consistently this year but you stated he has been found out at this level.A level he has been playing at to a good standard for several seasons.I guarantee that his name is one of the first on Culverhouses team sheet week in week out.