Author Topic: Royston Away  (Read 3387 times)

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Royston Away
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
A Kettering win today was probably favorable, you need to look up and down when viewing this table.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »
Well, we certainly missed The Gash today.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
Anyone who went how did the two new players perform?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
Royston's improved defensive record recently suggested that this would be a tough one for Lynn and so it proved.
Lynn dominated possession in the first half without threatening the Royston goal and Royston were set up to defend deep and were hard to break down. There was a lot of sideways passing with almost no penetration. In fact, the only two real chances during a tepid 1st half fell to Royston on the counter attack and if it hadn't been for a brilliant stop from Street, Lynn would have gone in at half-time a goal down.
Lynn set up nominally as a 352 but it ended up mostly as a 361. With Royston only leaving 1 in attack, the three central defenders were a bit unnecessary. Two centre backs would have given Lynn more in the middle which could have pushed one up to support Marriott.

In the second half Royston attacked down the hill, were more on the front foot and looked the most likely to break the deadlock. Lynn replaced Henderson with Hawkins who joined Marriott to make two up top.
Lynn were becoming stuck in their own half as the game progressed and it looked like the game would end in a draw until Hawkins beat a defender out on their left and showed wonderful composure to tee up Blake-Tracy to slide in the winner at the far post.
Thought the new player Kerins looked promising and Robinson looked composed and settled at the back.
This performance showed that Lynn are a much stronger side with Gash in the team, who was, apparently, being rested due to a tight hamstring.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
There was someone on the match feed saying we don't need Gash every game.I think today and the early part of the season when he was injured and we could barely scrape a win proves him and any other doubters wrong.His work rate and physical presence not to mention ability on the ball are going to be missed by any team at our level.

Linnet 1958

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »
With resting Gashy I suspect we went there to sneak a win and that's exactly what we did. Like Stan said Robinson very composed and pleased with Kerins performance who will just get better and i am sure will be 1st choice in the number 2 shirt, releasing Jones to a mid-field role, where too many balls were given away today again.
Overall leaving it that late these games need to carry a health warning.  :oldman"
The prices were good £10 adults, £5 kids and only £6 for old and disabled, so saved £4 and cans of pop just a quid. :clap:
Would say Lynn fans made up half the crowd if not more.  :clap:
Looking forward to next saturday and Barwell  :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 08:52:44 PM »
With resting Gashy I suspect we went there to sneak a win and that's exactly what we did. Like Stan said Robinson very composed and pleased with Kerins performance who will just get better and i am sure will be 1st choice in the number 2 shirt, releasing Jones to a mid-field role, where too many balls were given away today again.
Overall leaving it that late these games need to carry a health warning.  :oldman"
The prices were good £10 adults, £5 kids and only £6 for old and disabled, so saved £4 and cans of pop just a quid. :clap:

Do people have to keep mentioning prices, poor Stan will be doing his nut,just don't mention that Dereham had a half price day today and got double their normal attendance? So a reduction on the gate brought more in,increased takings in the bar etc? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »

Do people have to keep mentioning prices, poor Stan will be doing his nut,just don't mention that Dereham had a half price day today and got double their normal attendance? So a reduction on the gate brought more in,increased takings in the bar etc? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Good to see that you are not bitter Griss and have moved on from trying to needle me at every opportunity.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »

Good to see that you are not bitter Griss and have moved on from trying to needle me at every opportunity.

Of course I'm not bitter,more of a Guinness man myself. :cheers: :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »
Are you suggesting that it was all part of Lynn's game plan to have no shots on target and then nick it in the 91st minute?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 09:20:07 PM »

Do people have to keep mentioning prices? Dereham had a half price day today and got double their normal attendance? So a reduction on the gate brought more in,increased takings in the bar etc? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I noticed that too. Good to see these Clubs trying these kind of things.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 09:23:54 PM »

Do people have to keep mentioning prices? Dereham had a half price day today and got double their normal attendance? So a reduction on the gate brought more in,increased takings in the bar etc? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Think that might of had to do more with a new management team in place and a couple of returning players.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »
In fairness Dereham did really step it up in terms of their media team getting it out there.  330 is a very impressive gate.  All credit to them.

Linnet 1958

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »
Are you suggesting that it was all part of Lynn's game plan to have no shots on target and then nick it in the 91st minute?
I think the plan was to get a goal and settle for that, but they went into a gunfight and fired blanks unable to get the ball forward.
I personally had reluctantly accepted the draw with 10 minutes to go, hoping they wouldn't score against the play.
Then Hawks played foward having lost their number 5 to put the 1st decent cross accross the goal and FBT their to slide it in.
Result planned, how we got it definitely not, but it was our day. Someone up there loves us. :scarf:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 06:29:13 AM »

These things are calculated risks and Lynn, according to the programme notes, the other week, have calculated that it is a risk not worth taking. With Dereham's low attendances they presumably felt they had little to lose.