Author Topic: Food... unglorious food  (Read 3542 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Re: Food... unglorious food
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
The food standards agency score is based on many things inc documentation how clean, work prep areas, equipment food storage etc, to get a zero rating not much you can say apart from not managed or very unclean in crucial areas, have not made a comment for a while but someone running a hotel should have basic knowledge of what is needed to run a commercial kitchen oh dear!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
My concerns are not only that it was allowed to get to that state, and the fact that they would have had notice of the visit and still didn't bring it up to standard? :dontknow:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
Surely its in the public interest to publish the story and alert the potential consumer...agree B and G ...a real shame it got to this stage and is now in the public domain.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 11:22:42 AM »
Surely its in the public interest to publish the story and alert the potential consumer...agree B and G ...a real shame it got to this stage and is now in the public domain.
I'm not saying it's not a concern but surely the public interest has, surely, already been served by the health inspection notice. Now, if the club continued to offer catering services after such a notice then that would be  not only concerning but also presumably illegal. I'm not sure what public interest there is in a notice that was made two months ago and has now presumably been addressed. I'm not defending the club's failure to meet these standards but am just questioning the value of the article at this time.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »
I'm not saying it's not a concern but surely the public interest has, surely, already been served by the health inspection notice. Now, if the club continued to offer catering services after such a notice then that would be  not only concerning but also presumably illegal. I'm not sure what public interest there is in a notice that was made two months ago and has now presumably been addressed. I'm not defending the club's failure to meet these standards but am just questioning the value of the article at this time.

One would presume if the issues had been addressed then the club would have issued a statement in defence of the article? :dontknow:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »

One would presume if the issues had been addressed then the club would have issued a statement in defence of the article? :dontknow:
Why would anyone presume that Griss if the article only came out on Friday? Innocent until proven guilty surely :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »

Why would anyone presume that Griss if the article only came out on Friday? Innocent until proven guilty surely :dontknow:

They were proven guilty Stan,otherwise the article would not have appeared,and being such a long gap between inspection and publication the club would have had ample time to address the situation. So at the end of the article it could have been mentioed that the probem had been dealt with and re-exained and the kitchens have now been given a clean bill of health? It would appear to the untrained eye that nothing has been done,and unless the place was such a ****hole that it needed massive remodelling it would only take a couple of days to do a deep clean? :dontknow:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 12:33:18 PM »

They were proven guilty Stan,otherwise the article would not have appeared,and being such a long gap between inspection and publication the club would have had ample time to address the situation. So at the end of the article it could have been mentioed that the probem had been dealt with and re-exained and the kitchens have now been given a clean bill of health? It would appear to the untrained eye that nothing has been done,and unless the place was such a ****hole that it needed massive remodelling it would only take a couple of days to do a deep clean? :dontknow:
You have misunderstood what I was saying Griss. Innocent until proven guilty in relation to the club not defending itself since the article came out on Friday being seen as evidence that they haven't fixed the problem. You have referred to being guilty over the offence itself which no-one is disputing.
The chairman has been asked to comment on the report so let's give him an opportunity to respond about why the problem arose and the subsequent  issue about whether the  problems have been dealt with before we all pass judgement. You are assuming that the club has not addressed the problem just because there has not been an immediate response.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »

You have misunderstood what I was saying Griss. Innocent until proven guilty in relation to the club not defending itself since the article came out on Friday being seen as evidence that they haven't fixed the problem. You have referred to being guilty over the offence itself which no-one is disputing.
The chairman has been asked to comment on the report so let's give him an opportunity to respond about why the problem arose and the subsequent  issue about whether the  problems have been dealt with before we all pass judgement. You are assuming that the club has not addressed the problem just because there has not been an immediate response.

Normally establishments are given a window of time to correct their shortcomings,and as the kitchens would have been revamped when Buster took over it shouldn't have taken much to bring them back into line? The reasons it wouldn't be brought back into to line would be A; Bad management,
                    B; Laziness,
                    C; Finance,
Or a combination of all three?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
Oh well Griss, why wait for the club's statement on the issue when you can pass judgement on here without it. Give the club a chance to respond. Don't be so desperate to jump to conclusions or do you prefer a hang 'em first ask questions later approach?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
Oh well Griss, why wait for the club's statement on the issue when you can pass judgement on here without it. Give the club a chance to respond. Don't be so desperate to jump to conclusions or do you prefer a hang 'em first ask questions later approach?

Stan the club could have responded to this months ago when it was first revealed it had got a zero rating,it has not really been a secret has it? All the club had to do was issue a statement along the lines of,'due to circumstances out of our control we have been given a zero grading for hygiene, but rest assured we have taken this on board and the matter is being attended too'. Lets face it Stan would you want to use a place for a function that had to import food in because of condemned kitchens? :dontknow:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 01:23:04 PM »
It's the first I've heard about it Griss. Perhaps the club were hoping to avoid or minimise the inevitable bad publicity. You can't blame them for that, surely. But like I say, let's not fan the flames of this unsatisfactory issue until the club has made a statement.
I don't understand why you feel the need to reiterate the unsatisfactory nature of a failed inspection by asking me if I would want to use the club's facilities under those circumstances. You're challenging me about an issue that I am not contesting, although I suppose it does give you an opportunity to ramp up the negativity with your emotive language.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »
It's the first I've heard about it Griss. Perhaps the club were hoping to avoid or minimise the inevitable bad publicity. You can't blame them for that, surely. But like I say, let's not fan the flames of this unsatisfactory issue until the club has made a statement.
I don't understand why you feel the need to reiterate the unsatisfactory nature of a failed inspection by asking me if I would want to use the club's facilities under those circumstances. You're challenging me about an issue that I am not contesting, although I suppose it does give you an opportunity to ramp up the negativity with your emotive language.

That is just the answer I would expect from someone on the inside,please remember it was not me who broached the subject,and if this is the first that you have heard of it then your head must be firmly in the sand? And why would I want to ramp up negativity? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 07:46:52 PM »

That is just the answer I would expect from someone on the inside,please remember it was not me who broached the subject,and if this is the first that you have heard of it then your head must be firmly in the sand? And why would I want to ramp up negativity? :dontknow: :dontknow:
"Someone on the inside" you've been reading too much John Le Carre, Griss.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I simply questioned the timing and relevance of the newspaper article and that lit the blue touch paper for one or two. It seems to be an act of heresy to attempt to defend the club in the eyes of some.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »
Let's just say for arguments sake that the current good run the Linnets are on is successful in attracting some new supporters. Mr Hardy is one such chap and he decides to take his wife and two kids to the Barwell match. He checks out the KL Town fc website, sees the stand which offers decent comfort and protection from the elements for his family...he also sees the pictures of a seated function room/dining area and anticipates buying his family a nice meal before the game.
However, Mr Hardy also takes the EDP and reads of the recent inspection. On reflection he decides to book a table in a town centre restaurant before going on to the ground for the match.
Now depending on your perspective the newspaper article has either been :-
a/ Informative, useful and important to Hardy
b/Ill timed and very unhelpful to the club
c/A necessary report of an inspection, in the public interest highlighting a rather unfortunate and disappointing situation at the club.