Author Topic: Food... unglorious food  (Read 3543 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Food... unglorious food
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »
Let's just say for arguments sake that the current good run the Linnets are on is successful in attracting some new supporters. Mr Hardy is one such chap and he decides to take his wife and two kids to the Barwell match. He checks out the KL Town fc website, sees the stand which offers decent comfort and protection from the elements for his family...he also sees the pictures of a seated function room/dining area and anticipates buying his family a nice meal before the game.
However, Mr Hardy also takes the EDP and reads of the recent inspection. On reflection he decides to book a table in a town centre restaurant before going on to the ground for the match.
Now depending on your perspective the newspaper article has either been :-
a/ Informative, useful and important to Hardy
b/Ill timed and very unhelpful to the club
c/A necessary report of an inspection, in the public interest highlighting a rather unfortunate and disappointing situation at the club.

I have to say that I feel this comment is the best response to the report, I feel that all three answer the question? It has just highlighted that whilst on the pitch we have very few problems,the clubs hospitality requirements seriously need overhauling? For a club of our size to be in a position of just offering burgers and not much else is not good,food wise we need to up our game? Or we may actually see more Mr Hardys? :dontknow:
Customers,not Supporters? ;)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 10:33:22 PM »
Or we may actually see more Mr Hardys? :dontknow:

Kismet Hardy?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 07:20:15 AM »
Let's just say for arguments sake that the current good run the Linnets are on is successful in attracting some new supporters. Mr Hardy is one such chap and he decides to take his wife and two kids to the Barwell match. He checks out the KL Town fc website, sees the stand which offers decent comfort and protection from the elements for his family...he also sees the pictures of a seated function room/dining area and anticipates buying his family a nice meal before the game.
However, Mr Hardy also takes the EDP and reads of the recent inspection. On reflection he decides to book a table in a town centre restaurant before going on to the ground for the match.
Now depending on your perspective the newspaper article has either been :-
a/ Informative, useful and important to Hardy
b/Ill timed and very unhelpful to the club
c/A necessary report of an inspection, in the public interest highlighting a rather unfortunate and disappointing situation at the club.

Or
d/ an unnecessary article highlighting a problem that no longer exists which misleads Mr Hardy who, as a consequence, mistakenly takes his business elsewhere.
e/ a piece of mischief by Mr Hardy’s good friend Mr Laurel who informs the former that the club is serving food when in fact it hasn’t done so since the notice in November, as it endeavours to address the problems specified in the report.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 08:13:00 AM »
Mr Laurel Stan ? :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
If the Club were aware of this situation one month ago, I would suggest it has given them plenty of time to have a statement ready just in case the issue found its way into the press.   Not rocket science for our media department surely.

I wonder did this problem occur while Stephen Cleeve was away on the Piste ? if so just highlights problems with delegation.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Mr Laurel Stan ?
I thought I'd make a Laurel and Hardy "joke" before someone beat me to it.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Thought for a moment you were making a veiled confession Stan.....another fine mess  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »
Anyway, let's all hope the situation gets rectified soon...not good to have that sort of thing hanging around for long

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
A letter to club chairman Stephen Cleeve, the inspector warns: “Please note that if a significant improvement is not seen, I will be looking to take further enforcement action, such as prosecution for food safety offences.”
Mr Cleeve has not yet responded to requests for comment.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
Thought for a moment you were making a veiled confession Stan.....another fine mess  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Yeah, not bad that one KES. Stan and Ollie is a good film by the way, if you've not seen it.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
Looks like the EDP don't want to leave this alone.
No doubt Mr Cleeve will answer all questions in Saturday's programme - it's probably the Trust's fault
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/kings-lynn-town-the-walks-zero-food-hygiene-1-5850677
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »
Certainly seems the EDP are not going to let this one go.   Have they got it in for someone at the Club ?

Have to feel sorry for Cleeve.  The Guy has taken on a hellva work load working all the hours to make this Club a success, both on and off the field.  Whoever he has employed to handle the catering side should be hung out to dry by him on this one.

This is a massive blow to the Sponsorship and corporate side at the club,  getting all this adverse publicity.  Surely someone a the Club can offer a defensive for all this.  People cant expect Stephen Cleeve to do everything.  People behind the scenes need to step up to the plate and take some of the burden off of the guy.

As Deliah would say..... Where are you ?  lets be avin you.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
Looks like the EDP don't want to leave this alone.
No doubt Mr Cleeve will answer all questions in Saturday's programme - it's probably the Trust's fault
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/kings-lynn-town-the-walks-zero-food-hygiene-1-5850677
Looks like they're really sticking the knife in. The EDP are usually so positive about the club.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
Oh dear, not good and I echo Mallard's sentiments....there is so much to do in taking this football club forward and I have sympathy with S C.....so much has been put into the team, management, pitch, groundstaff etc and there always seems to be something else rearing its ugly head.
Hope he has support staff who can rally around and put it right. Reporting it once is fair enough.......repeated blows tho are not pleasant.

abovepars

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »
The thing that worries me most about this topic is that the premises were inspected in March last year when a “0” rating was awarded and all inadequacies listed.  It would appear that the November visit was a re-inspection when again a “0” rating was awarded and apparently most of the inadequacies had not been addressed.  That was an 8 month period in which the necessary improvements could have been made. No real excuses then.  Food hygiene reports and these inspection details can be found on the Borough Council website.