Author Topic: Rory McAuley  (Read 1269 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
Rory McAuley
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »
Interesting story on middle pages of NLP we tend to forget footballers have a life outside the game worth a read.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Rory McAuley
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 07:48:39 AM »
Tell us more.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »
Tell us more.

Buy the paper Stan!  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:14:57 AM »
Can’t begin to image what is whole family have been through.  Must have taken a lot of coming back from.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 09:02:58 AM »
I didn't see the connection until I saw Rory on Anglia News a short while ago. Heart breaking for his family.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 02:50:58 PM »

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »
WOW.

What a story. I can hardly start to appreciate his journey from that point.

Mental Health affects so many people and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has started to push this angle in the workplace.

Everyone can be affected by pressures and stresses in their lives, whether it be family, friends or colleagues at work. Mental problems are not usually visible - all looks well on the outside, but what is going on behind the scenes? The HSE has given advice to employers that they should consider the mental welfare of their employees. Employment environments have pressures on management and this escalates down to the workforce. Stress rears it's ugly head throughout the levels and the employee also has problems to cope with at home, work and in their social life - neighbours, friends, family and relationships with creditors etc.

The HSE is advising employers to train staff in Mental Health First Aid on a similar scale as their (physical) first aiders. Leading First Aid training providers are developing MHFA training courses and my employer (St John Ambulance) has 2Day MHFA courses for the MHFAider and 1Day courses for management to give an appreciation of mental health in the workplace. Dare I say that management may have some input to many of these problems.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.