Author Topic: Bedworth (h)  (Read 10391 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Bedworth (h)
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:27:05 AM »
So looking on to Saturday, is this again a must win game to ensure we stay in touch with the top 5?

Bedworth have the worst defence in the league, having shipped 84 goals in 35 games, however they shut us out at their place. Perhaps another sign of how far we have come since then?

Of our remaining games, we have three against the current top eight - all at home. Eight wins from our remaining 13 games would get us to 76 points, which could well be enough to scrape into the top five.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Bedworth (h)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
No such thing in football as a cert, and things always have a habit of jumping up and biting you on the bum, when you least expect it.  However  I am sure Setch and the team have learned valuable lessons from earlier in the season when 2 of the bottom teams ( Paulton and Bideford ?) came and stole points at the Walks.

Looking at Bedworth they have won just once away from home and scored just 16 goals on the road  whilst conceding 46... So if you are one for the stats, that points to a 3-1 home.   In reality I think fans, Manager, Players will be very disappointed with anything other than a home victory.

The Kings Lynn bandwagon is really on a roll and can not see the wheels falling off Saturday.  Lets hope the fans keep coming in increasing numbers to show their support for this Young Local team.  If they cannot pull them in, then what can ?

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Giving the fans some proper input and feeling more involved, that would bring in 20% more for a start mall

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »
 Bit of a cliche but every game to the season's end is a 'cup final'........At the very least as long as we are in contention it should bring a few more 'old' supporters back? Even perhaps some who currently go to Norwich!?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »
Sworn as far as the club owner is concerned people are tending to forget he is even in the background. Out of sight out of mind. Where the big turn around has come is Setch being made general Manager and certainly being more proactive than Buster ever was. An even bigger plus is Robbie Back taking the time and making the effort to engage with the fans on all levels including posting on this very forum. It would seem with Buster out of the way the fans seem to be responding to the 'new brooms' in a really positive manner.

Do you not feel that Sworn ?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »
Sworn as far as the club owner is concerned people are tending to forget he is even in the background. Out of sight out of mind. Where the big turn around has come is Setch being made general Manager and certainly being more proactive than Buster ever was. An even bigger plus is Robbie Back taking the time and making the effort to engage with the fans on all levels including posting on this very forum. It would seem with Buster out of the way the fans seem to be responding to the 'new brooms' in a really positive manner.

Do you not feel that Sworn ?

Robbie Back taking the time and making the effort to engage with the fans on all levels.
Brilliant! And how much effort does it take?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
Well as he has done more on this front than most others then I would suggest he has made the effort when others haven't. Don't understand why you would attempt to discredit his effort rather than encourage it Jesus

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »
Well as he has done more on this front than most others then I would suggest he has made the effort when others haven't. Don't understand why you would attempt to discredit his effort rather than encourage it Jesus

By saying it's brilliant? Hmmm.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
By saying how much effort does it take. At least he is making the effort was my point.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Bit of a cliche but every game to the season's end is a 'cup final'........At the very least as long as we are in contention it should bring a few more 'old' supporters back? Even perhaps some who currently go to Norwich!?

Why would anyone go to watch Norwich? They are a disaster this season!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
Unfortunately I shall not be attending the Bedworth game on Saturday, I am away in London with "she who must be obeyed".  :glum:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »
What i am feeling mall is whilst we have no knowledge of how our well earned is being used or what part of club income is going where, many people like myself will vote with thier feet even though at times it pains.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 10:03:28 AM »
Setch and Backie have taken the club forwards this season regarding the PR side of things. They not only know local football and have been given the means to bring young talent into the club, but they also know the town, which makes them willing to engage with the fans and listen.

The next step now has to be getting the King's Lynn Town name back out into the town through local press and radio, engaging with local schools and businesses and so on.

It won't happen overnight, but the work that's been put in this season has definitely taken the club forwards and will (hopefully) start to get fans back through the gates regularly.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »
Mallard I think you misinterpreted what Jesus was trying to put a cross he was saying it was all going in the right direction with not a lot of effort needed

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 03:23:28 PM »
I Agree with that M A - I like a lot of people turn up pay's me money watch the game and go home happy  or otherwise  depending on the result. I  follow the this forum where as a lot most probably don't so wont know what we  see and hear on here
but that's there  personal choice. I think with setch and blackie  doing there bit is Brilliant  and definitely a step forward so no negatives here. I think the club on the whole is moving in the right direction and quicker than I thought on our current league position, but I will take that as at least we are at the right end of the table. I Think david bridges deserves some credit for this as a player coach  as the players seem to be far more motivated than last season  and with a bit of luck we could get a playoff place. over the past few seasons you always know that you have had  and will get  will get a rollercoaster of a ride watching lynn , so pay your money and enjoy the ride it's never dull